14 June 2012

Third time's a charm!

Well, as of next month I'll be going to Australia for my third time! I first went to Australia in July 2008 for two weeks. The second time was in July 2010 for a semester, and this time I'm going for at least a year to get my Master of Public Health from the Australian National University.

The number in the URL of this blog is the number of kilometres from Ann Arbor, MI, USA (my permanent residents/parents' house) to Canberra, ACT, Australia, where the Australian National University is located. Canberra is the capital of Australia and ACT stands for Australian Capital Territory, kind of like Washington, DC in the USA.

During my time studying abroad two years ago, at Murdoch University in Perth, Western Australia, I kept a blog. I have decided that it would be a good idea to keep a blog again. Unfortunately, I no longer have full access to my old blog because the email that it was associated with no longer was able to access blogger. So I created a new one!

I started applying to graduate programs for my Master of Public Health in January at various schools in the USA and Australia. After months of difficulty figuring out how to apply, how to accept, dealing with financing, and all of the other challenges of day to day life of a graduating college student, I finally accepted the offer to the Australian National University (ANU) about a week ago. Last night, they finally sent my electronic Confirmation of Enrolment, which allowed me to apply for my visa. It went through today and I've decided it's a great time to start my blog.

I still have to figure out where I'll be living and then get my plane ticket. Hopefully that falls into place soon! Orientation is in about a month! I still have a lot to get ready as I prepare to leave the country, but I'll try to keep you all updated. I'm sure the next month will fly by as I watch my niece and nephew in Ohio for the rest of June and then head down to North Carolina for a family vacation before I leave. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment