16 October 2013

Flower Girl!

A couple of weeks ago, we were in Sandusky and brought up that we would like it if the kids were able to come to the wedding. Jillian and Brit were very hesitant because of all that it would mean to travel across the world with two kids who would be 5 and 7 at the time of the wedding. They thought about it over the next week or so and decided that they would be able to come. I was so excited! I wanted them to be the ring bearer and flower girl in our wedding.

I had my MRI on Saturday morning but my dad had asked a few nights before if we wanted to go down to Sandusky after my  MRI. We talked to Jillian and decided to go. We went and saw Austin play football. He was really good! Then we went to one of the bridal salons in town and Adri tried on flower girl dresses. They all seemed to be in her size, which was pretty awesome. I actually decided that the one I liked most was the first one that she tried on. It has a sash that is a different colour, but we decided that it would make more sense to get extra fabric from the bridesmaid dresses to remake the sash to match since it was a different designer. The designer of the flower girl dress that I liked was actually the same designer as my dress, but I didn't know that until after I picked it. I guess I like his designs! We didn't end up ordering it yet since Adri is still growing we want to wait a little longer to decide which size we should get for her.

My mom also looked at dresses. It has been way harder to find her a dress than it was to find mine, the bridesmaids, and the flower girl dress combined! My mom kept saying that she wouldn't try any on at a bridal salon because she wanted stretchy fabric and they don't have them in stretchy fabric. So she was going to make her dress, but I didn't want her to because I just had a feeling that she'd finish it and decide that she didn't like it. So she looked at regular stores for dresses, but they never had them in the colour that she wanted. That's why I was telling her that she needed to look at a bridal salon because you can get them in different colours. Well, she finally tried some on. And guess what?!?! She found one she likes! Now the issue is trying to pick a colour. The whole time she was looking at dresses she said that she wanted purple. That's what she decided she liked at the salon, but didn't order yet. Then she went to church and saw the stained glass windows and decided she wants to go with red. I'm trying really hard to get her to go back to purple. If she gets red, our family pictures will be red, white and blue since the bridesmaids are wearing blue. I really don't want our family pictures to look like the American flag!

No comments:

Post a Comment