27 July 2012

I've survived week 1!

Today we got a free lunch for being in the SIGN mentorship program. My mentor wanted her other mentee and me to meet her at Chifley so that she could give us our vouchers for lunch and we could walk to lunch together. Lunch was at Teatro Vivaldi. We were supposed to sit with our mentors, but Janice's mentor is also a doctor in the emergency room and had to go to work. She just sat with us instead.

There was a few different dishes that they were giving out for lunch, and I got the fish. It was really yummy, although I would have liked more tarter sauce. The girl across the table ate her lemon, and Janice thought that was the funniest thing. Then I pointed out to her that I ate my lemon slice, too. I never met someone other than my immediate family that does that, though. After we finished eating, we quickly talked to Bec, who wasn't sitting with us because she came late because she had class until 1. Then Janice and I went to Belconnen.

We were able to figure out which bus to take (yay!) and we arrived in Westfield. We wanted to do a bit of shopping and we wanted to go to Kmart because I needed to get some folders for my classes. We don't have a Kmart in Civic, which is quite sad. I also got a new wallet. I was in desperate need for one with more card space. I keep getting more and more cards because of my room key card, student ID, proof of age, discount cards, health insurance, bank cards, bus card etc. I just did not have room in my wallet and had to put multiple cards in a slot. It ended in chaos every time I wanted to take something out. My new wallet is rather big, but at least there is a spot for everything!

After a bit more shopping, we went back to the city. We were meeting up with Bec, Boon, and Ko to eat at Happy's. We had to go pretty early because Happy's is a very popular place and was booked from 6-9 by the time we tried to make reservations. Happy's is a Chinese restaurant in Civic. Janice has been craving roast duck pretty much since I met her and she got Bec to start craving it, too. We wanted to go to Happy's to satisfy that craving. The funny thing is, they didn't actually have roast duck! We thought they did, but they just had steamed or deep fried duck. Needless to say, it didn't satisfy her craving.

We ordered five dishes to share, including one of the deep fried duck dishes. I did try it, but I didn't really like it. The rest of them said that they couldn't really taste the duck and just tasted the yam stuff in the dish. I don't like yams, so that would explain why I didn't particularly like it. I mostly ate the beef in garlic sauce that I picked out.

After dinner, we decided to go to the Pancake Parlour. Bec was kind of kidding when she suggested going there for dessert, but Janice got really excited. So we left Happy's to head over there. On the way to the Pancake Parlour, we passed the ice skating rink in the middle of Civic. There was some kind of show or something of figure skaters. We watched them for a little bit before leaving.

At the Pancake Parlour, Bec and Janice ordered some banana walnut pancakes, that apparently tasted just like banana bread. I wasn't hungry enough to get pancakes, but I did get ice cream with strawberry topping. It was rather cold, but I love ice cream despite the weather.

After dessert, I just came back to my flat and relaxed. I also just found out that my computer and zune are missing a whole bunch of my songs. I noticed that some Glee songs are missing, but I'm not sure if there are other ones missing too. It's so frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment