09 July 2012

Titles are the hardest part of keeping a blog...

My parents were upset that I didn't update my blog about what I did yesterday, so I guess I'll do that now.

During the day, I mostly just checked out some things online. When I finally get to campus, I'll have to set up a local bank account and get a new cell phone, so I was looking up some information on that. It doesn't look like my old phone will be working and the price per month for getting a new smartphone on a 12 month contract is the same price as I was paying for my pre-paid crappy phone two years ago anyway.

I also skyped with Rohan for a few hours. It was so weird to both be experiencing daylight at the same time! That may sound funny to everyone else, but it really was weird. Other than the three weeks he came to visit around Christmas, our whole relationship has been 12-13 time zones apart. His family is away on holiday this week, so we were skyping in his living room and I got to see his dog, Jasmine, almost the entire time. She's a Samoyed, which has been my favorite breed of dog since I first knew about them, so I was excited to just be able to see her for more than a couple seconds. She's such a cutie!

For dinner, we went over to Jo's parents house. It was getting pretty chilly when we went there because the sun sets a little after 5 and of course it's winter down here. I haven't been too cold yet, though. I guess that's the benefit of growing up in Michigan. After dinner, we watched a bit of tv at their house before heading back to Jo and Craig's house. We watched some show called The Block or something. It's like a home decorating show were different people get different rooms in the house and they complete or something. In this episode, they were redoing the house for a family whose dad had died from his job of rescuing people.

When we got back to Jo and Craig's house, I went on my computer to watch the Quidditch 2012 Summer Games. Five teams (the USA, the UK, France, Canada, and Australia), all sent teams to London to compete in the "Olympics." The video stream was really poor quality, so I ended up following along on the live twitter updates and then checking them when I woke up this morning. The US had won, France got second, and Australia walked away with the bronze.

Nothing too exciting happened, but I guess it's a good habit to start writing these posts everyday so that I don't forget to write them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment