10 July 2012

See? I can't think of a title!

Nothing too exciting happened yesterday, but I'm going to try to post everyday so that I get in the habit of doing it. Hopefully tonight I'll switch to doing it that night instead of the next morning.

I was pretty much on my computer all day. I also skyped with my parents for the first time since I've been here.

For dinner, Craig was at some lecture thing with some speaker from the US, so it was just Jo, the kids, and me. We had lasagna. Then we watched some tv. Shannon was watching the soap opera, Neighbours. It brought back some memories of my time at Murdoch because my one female flatmate, Olivia, liked that show. I don't have any positive or even neutral memories of her, so that was interesting, but I found it funny that the show was still on. We then watched Masterchef Australia. It was funny because even though the contestants are competing, they were so nice to each other! One woman was helping another contestant when he were falling behind with his prep work and then later when she found out that the guy was taking her pizza sauce, she didn't care because he didn't have time to make his own. That is not something that you would see on reality shows in America. They'll all stab you in the back!

Anyway, after watching some more tv and playing with their dog a ton, I went to bed. Getting up with the sun at 7:30ish is exhausting! I'll be moving in to my flat on campus today, so my post for today should be more interesting.

On an unrelated note, I think that some cord has to break each time I'm here. I tried to charge my 3DS and the stupid charger won't work. At least it's not my computer charger, like last time. I had to buy a universal charger last time and it cost an arm and a leg and even more frustration. At least I can use that charger now, though. Gotta find that silver lining!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could have a brain-storming session to think of possible blog titles while you're waiting to check into your flat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caitlin, Ruby here!

    Just a little FYI - Neighbours is one of those serial soapies that's been around forever, like Home and Away. Neighbours actually kicked off in 1985 and has pretty much been on every week night since then (well, at least for as long as I can remember haha) :)

    I, too, think it's amusing that they're nice to each other - makes me feel better about the fate of our country lol!!

    I hope you have an awesome time in Canberra :) I actually love that city! Everyone seems to complain about it a lot, but I like the quietness and how green it is...

    ReplyDelete