27 July 2013

Last Saturday in Canberra

So Rohan was coming to the city to help me pick out a gift for my friends that are letting me stay with them. I really suck at getting gifts, so I recruited his help. He was supposed to text me when he left so that I knew what time to leave here to go and meet him. I was running late getting ready, so I texted him, but he didn't text me back. Then it was after the time that he was supposed to be there, so I called him. He didn't answer. Just as I was about to leave to go and find him (thinking that maybe he left his phone at home), I received a text from him. Apparently he had run into Daniel in Belconnen (as he's applying to live there next year) and he got distracted talking to him. So then I tried to text him back to see if that meant he was already in the city or if was on the bus. He didn't answer, so I just walked back to the bus stop where we were supposed to meet. He ended up calling me when I was almost there. I ran into Daniel right in front of UniLodge and then I turned the corner and saw Rohan. So he was alive after all! (I was getting a little concerned when he wasn't answering any of my texts or calls earlier)

Then we went to the Canberra Centre to go get presents. My friends drink a lot of tea and have a cupboard full of it and a list on the fridge of all the people who come over and their tea preference, so I got them something at T2. I ended up buying enough that I also got a free gift, which I gave to Rohan. He said it was his pay for helping me to get a present. We then went back to the Rock Opera to drop off their presents, which I'll give to them before I leave, and pick up some more of my stuff to take over to Rohan's place.

We spent the rest of the day hanging out at his place and I did my laundry. He actually has a drier, so I didn't need to wait days for it to dry. (It's really cold at the Rock Opera and it would have taken forever to dry things here, if they ever actually fully dried. Rohan also made ribs for dinner. They were really good, but I discovered that I really don't like fennel. He cooked the bulb, but he also had me try the green leafy stuff first. That was disgusting. Cooking the bulb helped a little with the taste, since I tried it before he cooked it as well, but it was still something that I couldn't eat more than a piece or two of.

We had to hurry and finish our dinner because we had gotten tickets to go and see Despicable Me 2. We may or may not have missed the first few minutes of the movie. It was still really funny, though. *spoiler alert* but there's a wedding at the end and then Rohan tried to convince me to have a minion-themed wedding. Um, no... At first I said it was because I hate yellow. Then he said that it could be from the purple minions. At first I couldn't think of what to say, but then I realised Hey! That would clash with his hair and we can't have wedding colours that would clash. Whew! Dodged that bullet!

When we got after the movie, we talked a bit about the wedding and a few things that we needed to figure out reasonably soon and before we can talk about much else. Then I went back to the Rock Opera.

No comments:

Post a Comment