18 July 2013

Rock Opera

I woke up early this morning to take some final trips over to my friends' house. For some reason, they call their house the Rock Opera, but I'm not sure why. Janice helped me to bring over a load and then she had to get ready to go to Heesook's graduation, so she wasn't fully able to help me with the second load. Luckily, though, UniLodge had another trolley, so I was able to use that. It was especially nice given the fact that I was bringing over my turbo oven. I also officially checked out of UniLodge before taking my second trip, to ensure that it was before 10am. I somehow had money on my account, so instead of the standard $50, they only charged me like $13. I had to walk back to Davey one last time to drop off the trolley and get my student ID card back, but then I was out of there for good!

I went back to the Rock Opera and tried to relax for a bit. I didn't really have a chance to relax, though, because I had to shower and get to Belconnen to see Rohan for lunch. I was also able to bring some of my stuff that I had to bring over to the Rock Opera because of time but won't actually need until I return to Australia. But the full reason that I went was because he was leaving after work to go to Melbourne for the weekend. It was nice to be able to spend some time with him.

After lunch, he had to get back to work, but he wanted to see if his package was finally here yet. I had time, so I went to go check on it for him. I had to walk to the post office, but it wasn't there, so then I had to walk back to his place to put the card for the package in his mailbox then take the bus back to the city. Then I realised that I needed to go get my robes, but I didn't know where I needed to go or if I would need my receipt, so I walked back to the Rock Opera and found my graduation information. Then I walked back to campus to get my robes.

At that point, I was beyond exhausted and my feet hurt from all the walking and moving stuff around. I was supposed to meet up with Bec, but she wasn't answering her phone or the texts that I sent. Luckily I had my ANU shop giftcard with me, so I finally went and bought Austin's present. Then she texted me back, so I went up to meet her. She was at the SIGN welcoming thing, since she's a mentor this coming semester, but at that point it was almost over, so we left. We went to the ANU Commons to just hang out and I relaxed for a bit.

Then I went back to the Rock Opera, fell asleep for a bit, woke up, and worked on finding my clothes to wear tomorrow and rearranging some of my stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment