13 July 2013

The little things in life

Abstract:
We went to Cockington Green; we went shopping; we ate lunch; shopped more; ate ice cream; went to Rohan's; dinner with the Robertsons

We went to go pick up Rohan, but it was far too cold for us to actually get out of the car and go out and pick him up. Then we drove to Nicholls to go to Cockington Green. It's a place where they make miniature replicas of different buildings, including an international section, and they include little figurines of people and animals and funny things. There is so much attention to all of the detail. They also had a section there of the trees set to replace the others when they get too big. It was so cute to see the little trees. I had to take lots of pictures there.

After that, we went around Nicholls/Gold Creek to go shopping. It was like his mum and grandma's paradise. There were lots of craft stores and cute little knick knacky places. One of the shops that we found was a sweets shop. I was so excited! I first went in there and found a Sweet and Sour section. Sweet and Sour is a brand of fruit liquorice that, until recently, was only found at fairs/events or online. I first at them at the Perth Royal Show when I was studying at Murdoch and I was obsessed. Then I made Janice buy me some at Floriade because I wasn't able to go since I was in Perth visiting Rohan at that time. I was beyond excited to find them.

I grabbed a few and found more awesome stuff on the next shelf. They had varieties of Sweettarts. They had the ones that are only available at Easter in the US; the ones shaped like bunnies/chicks/ducks and the jelly beans. I LOVE the Sweettarts jelly beans. They are amazing. I was going to get one bag of each of the shaped one and the jelly beans, but then I decided that I needed to get two jelly beans and couldn't justify getting three bags, so I just got the jelly beans. While I was freaking out over those, Rohan's mum found some Frank's RedHot on the shelf next to me. It was my lucky day! It was one of those rare occassions that Rohan gets to see me totally freak out in excitement! (The only other one I can think of was at the Dinosaur Museum). I just spent the rest of the time walking around the store holding my finds very tightly until everyone else was ready to go check out and go to the next shop.

Then we got hungry, so we ate at a cafe there. It was called Injoy. When Rohan's mum talked about it later, she referred to it as the place that can't spell. Despite the fact that they can't spell, it was actually pretty good. I got a creamy spud. I partially ordered it because I was interested in what it was. It was a REALLY loaded baked potato. It had a creamy sauce all over it and I think mushrooms, bacon, onion, and possibly something else that I forget. After lunch we went to the ice cream place that Rohan and I went to when we went to the dinosaur museum. Rohan got some honey and truffle oil ice cream. He made me try it and his grandma and I had the same reaction. It was disgusting! I got the nectarine sorbet and that was really good.

When we were done shopping through that area, we went back to Westfield to find some things. They wanted to find some stainless steel cleaner for Rohan because he had burnt some stuff onto his pan. That was fun trying to find. We tried to find it at a few places but they didn't have it. Then we stopped in a kitchenwares store, but they didn't have it, either. While his mum was talking to the lady about it, his grandma just went up to Myer, which was next door, and went and found it right away! We also had to get something for the Robertsons since we were going there for dinner. Rohan also had to stop by EB to pick up something. There is a pet store next door, so I went to look at the puppies. They had Japanese Spitz. Other than Samoyeds, they are my favourite dog breed. They're so cute and I've never seen one in real life!

After shopping, Rohan's mum and grandma decided to go back to the hotel to rest. I decided to just stay with Rohan at his place so that I wouldn't take a nap. I know myself. I would have just said I was taking a short nap before dinner even though I shouldn't have. It was making it much harder to fall asleep at night.
Right before they came back, Rohan and I went back to Westfield because the Robertsons wanted us to bring dessert in case theirs was a fail. They picked us up from there. There was a lot of catching up being done at the Robertsons. They also served lasagna. It was rather fitting that I went back to the Robertsons right before I left since I stayed there when I first got to Canberra and couldn't move in to UniLodge yet. They finally actually got to see Rohan and me together, since I wasn't able to join them when he had dinner with them a couple of months ago because I had something for uni due the next day.
I came home exhausted, but had to stay up longer instead of going straight to bed so that I could sleep the whole night. I stayed up by writing this post as an outline since I was too lazy to write it all and I didn't want to forget it.

(The title is because the stuff at Cockington Green was little and it's the little things in life that make us the most excited, ie my jelly beans and Frank's RedHot)

No comments:

Post a Comment