28 July 2013

Some girls just get a diamond engagement ring, I also got a pink plastic one!

I set an alarm this morning to wake up. It did its job, but I wasn't quite ready to get up yet, so I put it down and played Animal Crossing for a bit before getting up. When I got out of bed and grabbed all of my stuff to get going to Christmas in July, I could not for the life of me find my phone! I looked everywhere! I went through my suitcase multiple times and I moved all of my stuff off of my bed and I looked under the bed. I hadn't taken it out of the room since I used it, so I knew it had to be there. But no one was home, so I couldn't have them call it to help me find it. Eventually I just couldn't look any more. I NEEDED to get going to help set up and I was supposed to be meeting Rohan anyway. Obviously I couldn't just text him that I was going to be late and it would have taken too long to turn my computer on to message him that way. I headed down there and found him outside of Kinloch waiting for me. He tried calling me because he got there early, but I didn't hear my phone ring when I was looking for it. I spent the rest of the rather paranoid because I didn't have my phone on me.

Anyway, the reason that we were at Kinloch was to help set up the Christmas in July event. I was supposed to be in charge of decorations and Rohan is a good fiance and came to help me since we needed extra help. We were expecting a lot more people there than usual and Owen's wife is sick so he wasn't able to help out. We brought a bunch of stuff in from Rich's car that he had picked up from Owen's place. Then Rohan and I set up the Christmas tree. It was one of those awful ones where you need to attach each branch! Plus whoever put it away last time didn't put it away by the code on the branches, so we had to sort them all before we could put them on. It was a large undertaking, but we got it on and with some more help we got it all decorated. We also put up other decorations around the room and moved furniture.

Christmas in July was a big success and a lot of people came. I think that Marcus said later that there were about 80 people there. Considering that there were 15-20 last year, this really was a lot! Hopefully they'll actually keep coming to CIF and Crossroads after, too! But we played games, sang carols, had lunch/dessert, and heard a talk about the meaning of Christmas from Marcus, who filled in for Owen. We also had Christmas crackers. Rohan and I each had one and we cracked them together at the same time. I actually ended up with the presents both on my side, but he got the bigger end of the one at my seat and I got the bigger end of the one at his seat. He got a small pink plastic ruler thing. It was funny because he needed a ruler yesterday to measure something at his flat, but he didn't have one, so I went through my stuff that I'm leaving to find him one. That one would clearly have been too small, though. In the other cracker, I got a ring. It was bright pink and had three "jewels" on it. I put it on my right hand and Rohan said it was the wrong hand. Clearly that was the other part of my engagement ring! We joked about it for a while and I actually kept it on for most of the day. I surprisingly fit! Rohan made the joke that it fit "OK" because my ring size is K. He's so funny!

After, Rohan went home and I went back to the Rock Opera. I was exhausted and wanted to take a nap! I needed to find my phone first, though. Rohan said that he would call me in like 15 minutes, giving me enough time to get back. I got back a few minutes before that and I started looking again. This time it fell out of my sleeping bag! I had looked in there before and even completely unzipped it to try to find it, but I couldn't find it before. That was before Rohan had called it, but I checked my phone and it wouldn't have mattered. It was on silent anyway! So then I took a nap and ate dinner before heading off to church.

It was my last time at Crossroads, since I'll be leaving on Wednesday. It was kind of sad. I had to say goodbye to people. It's finally starting to hit me that I will be leaving in a few days. I'm definitely having mixed feelings. Before it was just sadness, but now I know that I'll be coming back. Now it's kind of excitement to see my family, to try on wedding dresses with my mom and sisters, and to eat Mexican food and Frank's all that I want. But at the same time, 4-ish months is a long time and I'm so sick of the long distance part of Rohan and my relationship. At least the end of the long distance is now in sight!

I spent the rest of the night relaxing by the fire and talking with Tiff and Emily. We were talking about weddings and how there's that awkward time between the ceremony and reception where the bridal party is taking pictures. They were trying to think of how you could get around it. It was a very interesting conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment