05 July 2013

Skills: stirring, both in the kitchen and people

I didn't do much during the day apart from showering and playing Animal Crossing. Nothing too exciting.

However, tonight was fun. We were originally supposed to go to Rohan's friend's house, but he forgot that he was busy, so the plans changed. Instead it was just Sarah, Daniel, and me that went to Rohan's place. I arrived early and "helped" Rohan since he was still cooking. I'm hopeless trying to cook, so I basically just stirred the pans that needed to be stirred.

Then Sarah and Daniel arrived. Rohan likes to create elaborate meals, or at least I think they are, so he was still cooking when they arrived. He made some veal thing, but I forget what it's called. He also made an apple tart thingy for dessert which we had with ice cream and he made caramels to go on the ice cream.

It was fun to all get together. After dinner, we played Settlers of Catan. I always thought that it was a really confusing game and never actually played it, but just watched. I played it today and it was quite fun. I'm pretty sure that Rohan just used me as a pawn to stop Daniel from winning the game pretty early on, but hey, I helped! Rohan ended up winning. It was actually funny because neither Sarah nor I had played before, so it was basically them against each other, although somehow I managed to be in second place at one point, but that didn't last. It was funny to see Rohan and Daniel so competitive and so gosh darn punny. Seriously. So. many. puns. At the end of the night, they thanked Rohan and me and I said that I really did a lot with that stirring. (obviously as a joke) Then Rohan added, "of course, look at Daniel's face!" I suppose I stirred more than the sauce and apples, haha.

Then the three of us took the bus back to UniLodge and now I'm back and writing up this post. Then I'll go play some more Animal Crossing and go to bed. So exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah and I enjoyed it heaps too! Thanks to both of you for having us :)

    (And well stirred on both counts!)

    ReplyDelete