03 August 2013

Blocked by a glass door

Abstract:
My ankles are falling apart; signatures and lines; fan girls:a mix of funny and annoying

We woke up later than we wanted to get up. But we had to go get breakfast and then my mom made us take pictures with her and my dad before we were finally able to go to Vid Con.

Since we got there so late, the line for Hank and John Green's signings was already full. The had to stop letting people in line for safety reasons, because it would then block exits, so there was a bunch of people standing a little ways behind in case they opened up the line again. Rohan decided not to wait in line, or what was not a line but really kind of was, and he played DDR in the games area. I went to first aid for the first time that day while he said he was going to be in that area. This time I got both ankles wrapped. My left ankle was still hurting a lot, so that needed to be wrapped up again. My right ankle was also starting to hurt since my big toe was hurting yesterday and causing me to walk on it funny. My ankles felt huge, but now that I think about it, it really isn't much different than when I wore 9 pairs of socks for Dutch Dance. Although I was wearing tennis shoes instead of wooden shoes around.

I then found Rohan and when he finished playing DDR, we got in line for the Lizzie Bennet Diaries signing. Well we "got in line" anyway.  There was someone signing autographs before, so we just pretended to be in line for that. The problem was that the line ran out before the time did. We then sat by the end of the line waiting. We had nothing better to do than to wait and Rohan wanted to make sure he got their autographs. A bunch of people sat behind us in line and we started talking to them and playing games and stuff. Then security came over and said we weren't allowed to sit there because we were blocking the path or something. Maybe it was just that they didn't want people lining up yet. I don't remember. So we just stood up and pretended like we just were standing around there.

Eventually they do open the line up. The tried to do this weird double line thing, but we got to go first. Rohan was having his dice signed, as usual. The security lady in that area saw me waiting by Rohan and said that I should just go around him and come back. It made me laugh because he was kind of holding up the line, but he did just have one thing that was signed, so they couldn't yell at him. I told the lady that I was with him, so she told the next person to go around. Rohan was having them sign it so that one letter of their name was on each die, but apparently he didn't explain that well or at least quick enough because one of the actresses, Julia, signed her whole first name on one side of the die! I don't know how she managed to write that small. We also got some more signatures from other people after that.

The next thing that Rohan wanted to do was go to the Team Andrew meetup at the Hilton across the street. He went over there right away and I stopped by first aid again because it was time to get my ankles wrapped again. When I was there, another girl came in requesting pain medicine. It was the first time that I had seen someone else at first aid in all of my times there during the conference. She had just had foot surgery a few months ago and her feet looked really painful, which was why she needed the medicine.

Then I went over to the Hilton to meet up with Rohan. Everyone was standing around the Andrews, but my ankles hurt too much, so I went and sat somewhere else. I ended up playing my DS and when it started to die, I had to go find an outlet. Some woman let me sit at her table since there was one right by it. She was there because he daughter was at VidCon. She asked me what I was playing on my DS and when I said that I was playing Animal Crossing we started having a conversation about it because she loves Animal Crossing, too, but her daughter took her DS because she forgot her own.

But the funniest part from when we were at the Hilton had to be the reason for my title. A large proportion of the people at VidCon were teenage girls, you know the psychotic screaming fan girl type. I don't know who it was that was walking outside, but all of a sudden there was this huge mob of screaming girls that run to get outside. They actually ran into the glass door! It was so funny seeing the couple that were smart enough to go through the regular door instead of the revolving door that most of the mob was trying to get through. I was glad that I was never one of those types of girls!

We went back to the Expo Hall after the Team Andrew thing. We got some more autographs and then we watched as Sharkzilla, the advertisement for Shark Week, crushed some things. That was fun to watch. We also walked around for a bit before getting dinner at the food trucks. I got the attack of the killer potatoes burger. Then we went back to the hotel. I made sure to elevate my ankles and I took a nap. Then I watched SYTYCD and took notes for my blog, which I didn't write until nearly two months later, before I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment