I slept most of the day. I'm still sick and I really just feel sick of life too and didn't want to get out of bed. I had forgotten to take my anti-depressants for a few days, since I still need to get back into the routine of things, so I blame that for my blasé attitude. I'm trying to remember to take my meds more now. I also wrote my relationship statement thing for the visa this afternoon and sent that to my migration agent. It helps to actually do something for it because it makes me want to get the ball rolling on the rest of the stuff for it and that seemed like the easiest to cross off right away. I still need to go get it notarized, though.
I also had my observation day today. Seriously, this job interview is going to last longer than I would actually be at the job! I showed up at 4 and she had me go around to the different tables and observe how they were tutoring and stuff. I helped out with a few kids, too. I also learned about the game Spot It where you get a card and each card has exactly one thing in common with any other card. You have to be the first person to "spot it" and then that card becomes your new card. I'm pretty good at it. Apparently the kids all really like it, but I don't think it's going to be one of those games that I end up hating because all of the kids want to play it all the time.
It seemed to go a lot better today since I actually got to work with kids. I talked to Grace more, too, and I guess I did do really bad on the test. She said that I really need to brush up on my algebra but that she might put me with younger kids. The kids that I helped with today were younger, so I wouldn't mind that. She also said that she needed to talk to one of the other tutors and then she would email me. Hopefully it'll be good news. She gave me a Mathnasium shirt, which I had to wear today, and told me to keep it, so hopefully that is a good sign. If not, well, I have to do something with that shirt!
After my dad picked me up, we had to make a stop at the store to pick up a few things. I like going shopping with my dad because I can "sneak things into the cart" or even just ask and he lets me get crap. Then we came home to my mom having already made some soup for dinner. Then we watched SYTYCD and American Ninja Warrior. We were also supposed to be working on the guest list for the wedding. We were all too tired to do it tonight. My dad did find a copy of who we invited to my high school graduation party, so we just need to update that, which should make it easier.
When everyone else went to bed, I decided to work on some more stuff for my visa application. I looked up how to get certified copies of things and my police checks and stuff like that. I also made a list of what I need to do and what I need to do in order to accomplish each thing. Having a list always makes it easier. I often get overwhelmed by the big picture and all of the things that I need to do, so I need to have lists so that I can actually feel like I know what I'm doing and that I'm accomplishing something.
No comments:
Post a Comment