Abstract:
Target; SoCal Magic; shopping; candy; b-dubs
We went down and ate breakfast. I got some scrambled eggs. Then I showered before we went to the store. Rohan wanted to go to some stores and then get stuff to get signed at VidCon.
First we went to Target. I was looking for some clothes since I only had one pair of shorts that still fit and I needed to get a dress for our engagement dinner with my parents. I didn't find any, but we did get snacks for the hotel as well as sunscreen so that Rohan wouldn't get burnt in the California sun. When we were out, Rohan realised that he was really weirded out by the fact that the grass was actually green. There isn't enough water in Australia for them to waste it on watering the grass. He was just amazed by all of the water that was being wasted by the water running off of the grass onto the sidewalk.
Then we had to go back to the hotel. Rohan got an international credit card thing but it wasn't working when he tried to use it at Target. He had to call them to try to figure it out. It turns out that somehow it wasn't correctly activated and it was really confusing the people when they were trying to figure it out. He also had to apply sunscreen for our long trek ahead of us.
Our next step was a store called SoCal Magic. It was a store with nerd game type stuff, like the game Magic and DnD dice. Rohan wanted to get DnD dice to get signed at VidCon. That's what he always gets signed since that was all he had with him when he got to meet Taylor Swift. The guys working there thought that Rohan's Taylor Swift story was funny. That was a first for them. The place only accepted cash, which we didn't have enough of and we were glad when they told us that there was an ATM next door. It was pretty far away from everything and it was hot outside, so we didn't want to have to walk all the way back to the city and then walk back there. The ATM was in a doughnut shop next door, so Rohan felt obliged to get a doughnut, too.
On our way back to the hotel, we stopped by the Orange Outlet stores. I wanted to find shorts, a dress, and shoes. We almost went to every store before I found stuff that I actually liked. My first find was shoes that were actually my size! I can fit in a 6 if they are something like tennis shoes that are tied around your foot really well, but I should be wearing a 5 1/2. I need to wear a 5 1/2 if I want to wear heels that actually stay on my feet. I got shoes, but still no dress or shorts. Until we got to the store Windsor. That's where I had gotten a green dress for the Yule Ball my senior year at Hope, so I knew that they had lots of dresses. I found some shorts that I liked, which made me happy. I also tried on some dresses, but none of them fit correctly. Then I saw another dress that I missed from across the room just after I was trying on my last dress. That one ended up being perfect when I tried it on and I got those.
As we left Windsor, we found a candy store. That was great because we had a couple of hours to kill before because I wanted to eat at b-dubs, which was in the outlet mall, but we didn't want to eat too early. The candy store was awesome. They had so many good things! Most of the candy was bulk candy and there was one price, so you could get whatever you wanted in a bag. I also found some Mexican candies there. Jillian used to be obsessed with this lemon-lime salt type candy called Lucas. They had Lucas, but not the lemon-lime kind. They did have another brand, though. I got one and tried it. It tasted just like the stuff we used to get when I was little! I had to go back after dinner to get Jillian some as well.
We spent a while in the candy shop. Rohan and I like candy stores. Then it was time for dinner, so we went to b-dubs. It was so amazing to eat b-dubs again! Rohan wanted to get an appetiser, so I suggested the fried pickles. I like fried pickles and that Rohan likes pickles because I don't think I know anyone else other than my family that likes pickles as much as me. We got wings to share for dinner. We could get two flavours, so I got medium and Rohan got sweet bbq, aka the lowest sauce on their spice scale.
After dinner, we just went back to the hotel to rest.
Thanks for the "Lucas", sis! It is awesome!
ReplyDelete