I woke up early this morning to talk with Rohan on google hangout. We had talked on facebook, but it was the first time that we've actually seen each other since he left California. He told me that his mum did lock in the date with the church. Thanks, Michelle! We talked about some other wedding stuff and just some other stuff in general. It wasn't too sad to be video chatting as I thought it would be. It was definitely harder the first time after we were together all of the other times. I guess it really does help to have the end of the long distance stuff in site!
After talking to Rohan, I went to the bathroom and I heard Buddy outside barking like a madman because he was left outside. I went to go bring him in and I guess that Jacki had put him outside because he was barking and she was trying to work. He likes to bark at everything that goes by and doesn't really know how to be quiet. He's also a big baby and doesn't like staying outside for very long. Since she still had to work and I wanted to shut him up, I sat up in my room with him all day. He still whined like a crazy "man" because he didn't want to be closed up in my room, but at least he was getting some attention. He was making it hard for me to take a nap, though. I'm still pretty sick, so I was desperately trying to nap, so it really sucked.
For lunch, Jacki ordered Jimmy Johns, so she ordered me a sub too. We ate together and talked about some wedding stuff. Then she continued working and I watched Buddy and looked at wedding stuff. My parents got home a little before five. My dad decided to go cook some burgers on the grill and then we ate outside.
Throughout the time that my dad was cooking and when we were eating dinner, we kept hearing this weird high pitched sound. It sounded like a bird or something, but we weren't sure what it was. My dad thought that maybe it was just that the grill was low on gas or something. After dinner, my dad went up to the grill to see if there was somehow a bird caught in the bottom of it or something because the noise was definitely from the grill. He opened the area that has the gas tank, but there wasn't anything in there. Then he told us to go inside because he saw an animal under it!
My mom and sister ran to the house. I went inside, but I stayed by the window. I wanted to see it! My dad couldn't get it out by just moving the grill, since he moved it in the first place to actually cook. He came inside and got a broom to sweep it out. I told him to wait until I went to go get my camera, but when I got downstairs, I could hear my sister screaming. Apparently he didn't hear me because he had already got it out. It was a groundhog. I went with him outside as he tried to chase it out of our fenced yard. I'm not sure how it got in! It tried to hide in the fence by the bushes, but we could see it, so I took pictures. It was so cute. It reminded me of the quokkas in WA. I was surprised that my dog, who was with us all during dinner, didn't notice that there was an animal down there. He spent the rest of the night sniffing around in our backyard, though.
The rest of the night was pretty boring. Jacki wanted to watch Breaking Bad, so we did that. We also watched American Ninja Warrior. Now I'm talking to Rohan on facebook about some more wedding stuff. My dad and Jacki already went to bed, but my mom is sitting next to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment