Disneyland!
We went to Disneyland for the Disney day of VidCon. I forgot to take better notes than just writing "Sunday: Disneyland" so I'm just going to ramble on about the day. I'm trying to go in order based on my pictures and filling in the gaps of my memory, so that may be why some things seem to be oddly placed.
There was a free shuttle bus to Disneyland from the Anaheim Convention Center for the people that went to VidCon, so we walked over there in the morning and took the bus. It actually wasn't that far and we probably could have walked the whole way, but it didn't matter. The bus dropped us off at the Lilo parking lot which was by Downtown Disney. Downtown Disney is a cool place. I had been to the one in Florida. It's a bunch of stores and stuff, but it's outside the park so anyone can go walk around. Our first stop before even going in the park was to stop at the stand selling hats. Rohan forgot his and he needed a hat if he was going to be spending all day in the sun. There was also a Lego store there with a Beauty and the Beast lego sculpture in front that Rohan and I got our picture by.
The first thing that we went on was the Matterhorn. We also walked around a bit. We found the Iron Man area. It was in this building and had a bunch of interactive things. Rohan also played the Disney version of Just Dance. He played a song from Phineas and Ferb called Squirrel in My Pants. A bunch of people were watching and thought it was funny. Then we got to see all of the Iron Man suits. Rohan was totally geeking out. Shocking, I know! But he even let me take pictures of him! He had to get pictures so that he had one with each of them in the background. There was also an interactive thing where you could become Iron Man. I think it was an Xbox Kinect thing where it virtually put the suit on you and then you could do and dance and stuff. Then there were a few things that you had to do, so it was like a mini game. Rohan did it, of course, but I just watched. Right before him there were a couple of cute little kids that were doing it that had to be about 3 or something. They were adorable and the littlest Iron Men I have ever seen!
We walked around to different areas of the park. Disneyland has the fast lane type passes were you can put your Disneyland ticket in a machine and it gives you a ticket back that gives a certain time frame for a ride that you can come back during and skip part of the line. That way you don't need to spend your whole day in lines. We did that for a couple rides. The best part of it was that they were free! (Cedar Point does similar things that cost about as much as the ticket did!)
We went on the Star Wars ride. It was one of those things were you stay in place except that you see a screen and the whole room that your in moves up and down and tilts. It was pretty cool except for the fact that it made me pretty motion sick. I was glad to go out into fresh air after that ride.
When we were walking around, we paced It's a Small World. I was trying so hard to avoid going near it. I get songs stuck in my head so easily and that song has got to be one of the worst songs. I told Rohan right from the get go that there was no way I was going on that, which was fine with him. Besides if I want to see the dolls singing that song over and over again my family has it on our home movies from when we went to Disneyland almost 20 years ago! (Seriously, the whole thing is on our home movies...) Speaking of my family's trip there when I was little, I also told Rohan about one of my earliest childhood memories. It was at Disneyland and I was scared for my life when I had to go into Goofy's house, which is a big bouncy house. We walked past that. He tried to have me go in there, but I wasn't going to. I hate bouncy houses! Other than that, the Toon Town area was pretty cool. Even the sky looked like it was part of the Toon Town theme when we were over there. It was funny because the sky was all the same colour and looked just like a cartoon sky! (Although that was obviously a coincidence since Disney can't change the sky! They aren't quite that magical.)
Later we went on the Cars ride. It was just a driving ride where there's that metal line along the path so that cars don't stray too much. I didn't want to drive, so Rohan did. Half of the cars, depending on which track it was on, were left driver and half were right driver. The pedal was in the middle, though, which was kind of weird but it's because kids might drive and their parents need to help them. Anyway, it made me glad that Rohan doesn't actually drive, despite having a license. Seriously. He was trying to see if he could get the car to go over the metal thingy. He was purposely trying to drive horribly. But the funniest part was something unintentional. He wasn't really paying close attention to actually trying to drive, since he was being a goof. The car in front of him had stopped and he didn't notice with enough time to get his foot off the gas pedal to stop. We may or may not have bumped into the car in front of us when the back of the vehicles all say explicitly not to bump them. Yeah, Rohan got us into a car accident. At least no one was hurt, though the people in front of us that we hit were probably shocked by the unexpected jerk.
After that I was telling Rohan about the giant turkey legs that Disneyland is known for. We got one of those for lunch. I also remember taking my pain medicine and elevating my leg, so I must have gone to the First Aid building before that. I brought my medicine from home, but I wanted to go get my ankle rewrapped there. They said that for legal reasons or something they weren't allowed to wrap up my ankle since I already had a wrap. Instead the nurse "helped" me wrap my own ankle, but really she wrapped it and I more got in the way.
When we were done eating, we walked around for a bit. The parade was going to start in a bit, so we hung around that area. We stopped by the ice cream place and candy place nearby and then watched the parade. I always liked parades. I vaguely remember the parade from my trip to Disney when I was little, although that may be mostly because of the home movies. But there were spitting camels for the Aladdin part of the parade that year. I was disappointed that there were no longer spitting camels, but I guess that makes sense since Aladdin was the newest movie when I went as a child.
After the parade, it was time for the VidCon Disney Day photo. Someone told us earlier that we were supposed to meet in front of Cinderella's castle at 5 for a group picture. It was crazy chaotic there. There were so many people there from VidCon! Of course I knew that because we were almost all wearing our t-shirts and I saw them all day, but it was crazy to see everyone together. It was a bit of a production trying to get everyone together for a photo. They actually had to have security people coming by and we completely blocked off the whole pathway under the castle. Here's a picture of everyone that I found online...
When we finally got the picture taken, after a long time of feeling like a sardine, Rohan and I wandered off again, this time toward the theatre nearby. They were doing a Beauty and the Beast play. We had caught a few minutes of the end of one before we went to get our picture, so we went back for the next one. We got to see about half of it.
At some point in the day, Rohan and I also went on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. We weren't going to go on it at first, but then I told him that I heard it was really cool and we decided what the heck. The ride in Florida was closed for renovations when I went to Disney World in high school, so I had never been on it, although I had some serious deja vu on it and wondered if I did end up riding it when I went back to Disney World later with my parents. Anyway, the line was short, so we went on it. It was amazing! It's wasn't exactly a thrill ride, but the artistry was just incredible! Later in the day we went back over there and there was no line, so we rode it again. When we came back there was absolutely no one, so they let us just reride it. It was crazy. The ride also goes past this restaurant that is inside in an area that makes it look like night. We wanted to eat there, but found out that you need to make reservations a few days in advance. We know what we're doing next time we go to Disney! We ended up getting dinner at a place that was New Orleans/French themed.
It was getting late, so we walked around a bit more before going to see the night show. We went through this one crystal place that I wanted to go in because it was so shiny. I like sparkly and shiny things. I was really tempted to get a tiara, but then I decided against it. Well that didn't last long because I kept thinking about how I wanted a tiara and we ended up going back and I got one. At first I figured that I'd never wear it again. Then I thought that I might just like to randomly wear it around the house. Now I've pretty much decided that I'm going to wear it for Rohan and my wedding. I even brought it with me the second time I went to try on dresses and ended up buying one.
We watched the night show. I love the night show. It was awesome at Disney World and it was awesome here. For those that have never seen it, they have this stage thing that's basically an island surrounded by a bunch of water. A lot of the show takes place on the stage, but there are fountains in the water that display images and stuff. There are also a bunch of boats that go around the island in the water that have the princesses and stuff on them. They weren't just boats, though. They were huge. We have no idea where they were keeping these things because all that we could see behind the stage were some trees and it didn't look like a big enough area to store about 3 (I don't remember exactly how many there were) giant boats, which were all different. I guess it's just one of the magical things about Disney!
I can see why Disney is called the Happiest Place on Earth but it's really the happiest of all when you get to spend it with someone you love!

No comments:
Post a Comment