17 August 2013

Taking advantage of the Bank of Dad while I can!

Abstract:
Job applications, more shopping, Shaheens

Today I finished sending in my application for Mathnasium. I have an interview there on Tuesday, so fingers crossed! I also kept trying to fill out another application for U of M temporary employment, but the application online is horribly designed so that you can't download it to fill out, but must fill it out online. Every time I tried to hit backspace, it would go back to the previous screen and then delete all of what I typed into the boxes because it won't save. I gave up and I was really frustrated so I had to take a nap to reboot myself.

My dad woke me up when we went to go get my mom from work. Then we went out to go shopping again. First we stopped to get food, though, because we were hungry. We went to some new sub place. I got really frazzled trying to order. I ended up still being really hungry when I finished my sub, so I got another one. My dad and I were going to split it, so I ate half of that and I was still hungry! I guess that all I had eaten today before that was a bowl of blueberries.

We stopped by the "$20 store," which is actually called By The Pound. It's a bulk foods store, but my parents seem to always spend $20 when they go there. Then we went to Kohls to spend the Kohls Cash that we got the other day when I got a bunch of clothes, since it was about to expire. I got some jeans and another shirt. Next we went to the mall and went to JC Penny to look at dresses, since I'll have a lot of weddings and other stuff to go to coming up. Then we stopped at DSW to look at shoes. They actually have my size! People with normal sized feet don't know how lucky they are. I wear a 5 1/2 and I can never get shoes that actually fit me!

When we were out shopping, my parents' friends, John and Lee Anne Shaheen, called to see if we wanted to go out and see their son's band perform. We went home to quickly drop the stuff off and change and went out to Ypsi, the city next to Ann Arbor, to meet up with them. John actually asked to see my ring right when I saw them, something that my parents forgot to do until I pointed it out to them! After their son's band, The Finer Things, performed, we went across the street to Aubree's to catch up with them. They have Sriracha wings at that place and they were amazing!

We didn't get back until about midnight, but I was a good girl and wrote this blog post tonight anyway. We are going to Sandusky tomorrow, so I wanted to make sure I got it done before and I still need to pack. I'll probably end up doing that in the morning, though. I'm pretty tired now.

No comments:

Post a Comment