07 August 2012

Am I the only one that doesn't want to hear about my lecturer's experiences with condoms?

Or really anyone else in my class's experiences, for that matter. I'll get to that in a little bit, though.

I found it really difficult to get out of bed this morning. I was up way too late last night, but I still wanted to get up early to finish my readings for class. Somehow I managed to get out of bed eventually, but I didn't end up reading. It took me a while to get up, then I had to get dressed and go to the store because I was out of apple juice and therefore had nothing to drink! I really dislike water, especially straight from the tap. I was really thirsty last night and tried to drink some to fall back asleep, but I could barely take a sip.

It is ironic that I didn't have time to read because the readings for class today focused on the factors leading to our intentions and then assuming that intentions lead to behaviours. That's one of the areas that the model falls short because intentions don't always lead to that behaviour. The fact that I was intending to read and didn't is exhibit A of that notion.

So I went to class. Our readings are pretty much all about HIV/AIDS transmission and the use of condoms. My lecturer likes to talk about how stupid all of these articles and models are. Then he was talking about how some people tried to eroticize the use of condoms and he was talking about how it was like eroticizing hitting yourself over the head with a brick. I didn't quite get what he was saying, but he didn't need to talk about his own preferences toward their use. Neither did anyone else in the class. I just don't want to hear that.

During class, I also got an email from Davey Lodge saying that I've fallen behind in my rental payment. Duh! I really hope that my stupid loan with be transferred to my bank account so that I can pay it soon. I have to pay it within 7 days or they will deactivate my room key. I can set up an appointment to talk to the Dean of Residents and I'm sure that it would fine, but I'd rather just have the money. It would be great to be able to buy food and stuff too. The refund officer said it'd be in there early this week and my check from my American account should be going into my account in the next few days. They said up to 21 business days, which would be on Thursday.

After class, I walked back with Janice and another girl from our class. Janice was walking back to Toad to see Ko. We first made a stop by the post office, though. My stomach started hurting really badly in class again, so Janice was all worried about me. I told her that I was going to be fine, though. I really hate taking medicine if I don't absolutely need it.

When I got back to my flat, I took another nap. I somehow took one this morning too, but I don't remember where it fit in with my paragraph above. I did feel a little better after my nap. I also made some chicken for dinner. It was finally thawed enough for me to cook! It was a shame that I couldn't put any hot sauce on it, though. I figured it'd be best for my stomach not to try to eat it.

After dinner, I listened to my lecture from Indigenous Development last week. I also tried to read a bit more. I had read while I was cooking dinner, but got distracted afterward. I started writing out an outline for my autobiography and I started chatting with Rohan. Now I'll try to read for a little bit before going to bed for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment