So after I got dressed, I went downstairs to pay my rent and get put back on direct debit for future payments. I'm so glad that they won't be kicking me out of my flat!
After paying my rent, I was going to go to the SIGN bbq at Lena Karmel, but I forgot my apple juice bottle upstairs. I don't like water, so I call it my apple juice bottle since that's what I keep in it. I went back upstairs to get it and went to find Lena Karmel. Lena Karmel is one of the other building of UniLodge. Janice and I thought that it was one building, but apparently it was one block over. I was confused when I couldn't find it, so I texted her and we met up to try to find it. We went the long way around the block, but it was fine because we had to meet Bec and Ko anyway.
The bbq was on the rooftop of Lena Karmel. There is also a community garden up there, which is advertised all over UniLodge, so I was interested in actually going up there. It was pretty nice up there. The bbq just consisted of lamb sausages. We were supposed to bring our own drinks, but there were some there. There weren't any sides of anything, though. I don't really like lamb or sausages, but I did eat one.
We ended up talking for a while and I got to meet Janice's mentor that I've heard so much about. They also had these sheets of paper with some Aussie slang words on them. One of the words was cuppa, as in a cup of tea. Well, Janice pronounced it as "Koopa." I then explained to her that it was cuppa and that Koopa is just the character from Mario.
I left early to go to FOCUS. Today was about their theme thingy around campus this semester about Christianity being intellectually credible and something else that I don't remember because it isn't on the handout that they gave us.
I then went to the ATM so that I could get money to pay Janice back for our Sydney trip. I texted her when I was done because I had an hour until our class started, so I wanted to see where she was. She said that she was at Bec's place, so I walked over to Toad. I think I went the round-about way, but I got there. Toad Hall is an interesting place. It has a very weird set up, but the rooms seemed pretty nice.
Then Janice and I went to class. Paul didn't update the Wattle page until some time after the last time I checked it, so Janice and I went in not having any idea what we were going to talk about. All of our other classes have a course outline for the whole semester, except for contemporary because that changes based on what the contemporary issues are at the time. He ended up talking about urbanisation. It was really interesting. That class is by far my favourite, not that it has a lot of competition.
I was so hungry during class. Janice thought it was kind of funny. She even said, "Well that's new" when I told her that I was hungry. During break, I went down to the vending machine and got two bags of chips. I was so hungry! They were sea salt and balsamic vinegar, so they were different from regular salt and vinegar. They had a sweeter taste. They were really good, though. The regular salt and vinegar were a different brand and they were just regular chips instead of kettle cooked. And I can call them chips because the bag said chips instead of crisps.
I also saw a fire roasted chili and sea salt flavour that I really wanted to try, but Janice wouldn't let me. My stomach is just now starting to get better, so I guess I shouldn't eat spicy foods yet. She thinks that I should wait another week until I eat spicy food, though. I don't think that's going to happen. Sorry, Janice!
We went back to the classroom after our break, and we met up with our groups. We are all in Qualitative Methods as well and we had some fun making fun of that lecturer. I seriously think that he has problems. He's obsessed with sex and prostitutes and STDs. Ayush said that he talked to him about doing his project on Postpartum Depression, and our lecturer called it sexy. Seriously? How is PPD sexy? He has problems. We also actually talked about our project, too. We're going to meet on Saturday to talk about it more, do some research together, and then split up the workload.
Then I came home. I made a list of things that I have to do. I ate dinner. Really exciting stuff, I know. Tomorrow I'm going to spend the day studying with Janice, so I better not stay up too late!
No comments:
Post a Comment