11 August 2012

Pointing with your lips

When I got up today, I finished reading the lecture notes from my Australian Indigenous class and wrote on the forum. I also looked up some stuff so that I could email questions to Graham about my two classes with him. Then I ate lunch. After lunch, I met up with Janice to go to the store.

I went down and waited for her in the lobby. Bananas in pyjamas was on tv. I thought it was weird that a kids show was on. I also found out this evening from Rohan that it's actually from Australia. I always thought that they sang bananas in pajamas the American way, but apparently not. I'm not surprised that I forgot since I didn't know that it was live action either. I guess I just remembered part of the intro, which is a cartoon.

Anyway, Janice and I went to SupaBarn, Top Bargain, and Aldi. I just got some more food and Janice got food for dinner. She was going to cook for me.

We dropped my stuff off at my flat and then headed over to Burgmann. Her flat was so nice! She has a studio apartment. Her desk, bathroom, and bed are huge. I was jealous! The door decs for her hall were themed like the periodic table of elements. She is Nickel.

We were studying for a few hours. The papers that I read were actually interesting! I was definitely getting sick of reading about condom use and HIV prevention among prostitutes in South East Asia. Seriously, that's all I've read about for two of my classes since the start of the semester. I understand that it's important and that the topic is related to his life's work, but it was annoying. It was especially annoying because he hates every single thing that he's made us read!


Now my rant is over. Janice then made this creamy chicken pasta thing for dinner. It was really good. Janice was so happy that I actually ate her food! That girl loves to see me eat and knows that I'm picky so she was glad that I actually ate it. She also had me watch these weird videos online. One was about how some people in Asia point to things with their lips. It was so weird and I still think that it's just Janice that does it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjkCpI0J2cI) The other video was some animated thing that I didn't understand called Sleeping Betty, or something like that. She thought it was hilarious, but I didn't really get it. It was from Canada. Weird Canadians!

After dinner, we went over to Ayush's flat. We were meeting there for a group project for Contemporary Issues in Public Health. Our group consists of Ayush, Greta, Janice, Monisha, and myself. Ayush's flat is really nice too. First of all, and this has no relation to it being a nice flat, his hall's door decs' theme is Joss Whedon films. I'm so jealous! Anyway, he has a studio apartment also, but he has a full size fridge, flat screen tv, and porch. I've decided that if I can get a semester contract, I'm moving next semester. I don't even know if I can get a semester contract for Davey, so if I can't, I might be moving anyway. Janice and I were talking about getting a two person multishare, which would be awesome if we could.

After the meeting, Greta's friend picked her up and took the rest of us to the other side of campus. Actually, Janice just walked back to her place because she lives close. Monisha and Ayush went to Toad because Monisha lives there and Ayush wanted to go visit some friends. Greta and her friend went to go get food. Apparently Janice and I are the only ones that actually regularly cook. The rest of them eat out most of the time.

When I got back, I read some more and talked to Rohan.

No comments:

Post a Comment