Then I showered. I wanted to try to make my hair curly today because it fascinated Janice so much yesterday. I just put it up in a couple of messy buns while it was still wet. I kinda looked like one of those cutsie Japanese cartoon characters, like from Ni Hao, Kai-Lan. Then I read one of the papers from Qualitative that I didn't read yet. It was one that everyone in the class thought was so interesting, which it was! Before I knew it, I had to leave for class. I rushed to brush my teeth, and fix my hair, and leave. I didn't have time to take chicken out of the freezer to thaw or to fill my apple juice. My hair was still wet too, so the curls didn't stay.
I went to the lift and realised that I forgot my phone and had to turn around to go back to my flat to get it. Also, one of the lifts in Davey wasn't working. I think that's the third or fourth time since I've been here. It always changes which one doesn't work, though. When I was a few metres from the building where my class is located, I realised that it was almost 2. My class starts at 3. I quite literally facepalmed when I realised this. To make matters worse, it was raining and I didn't wear my rainboots. I didn't think I had time to turn around from the lift and put my boots on instead of my tennis shoes. The one day that I have an opportunity to wear them, I don't! (This was the third time that I've seen rain since I've been here.) The bottoms of my jeans were soaked and my tennis shoe got all muddy. It caused me to be extra cold during class, too.
I decided to just go to the computer lab in the building where my class is. I had trouble getting my stupid ID out of my wallet so that I could scan it to get into the lab. Then I texted Janice about my stupidity and she came over to join me. I just read the articles for Qualitative online.
Contemporary was alright today. Paul usually starts of the class asking us about general things about the class or the MPH program. He asked us how our other classes are going, which gave us a bit of time to vent about Graham. We also talked about him during our break. None of us know why we took two of his classes. Qualitative was required, but Anthro was our choice. We were dumb. The description made it sound so interesting, but in reality, it's like we're paying to take the same class twice. This semester would be a thousand times better if I didn't have him as a lecturer. I'm looking forward to the day that we have to fill in assessments of our units/lecturers.
Since I hadn't thawed any chicken, I went over to IGA after class. I decided that I really wanted to eat hot wings. I bought some chicken wings, which now come in a bigger package, which is awesome. I also noticed that the apple juice was on sale, so I bought some more. When I got back, I checked the price to see how it related to SupaBarn and it was actually cheaper! I may have to go back and stock up. I go through apple juice very quickly.
I cooked my wings, which included getting splattered by the oil. The burns really hurt at first, but I don't have any burn cream. I guess it's one of those things that you don't think about until you actually need it. They don't hurt any more, but there are marks now. Actually the big one hurt when I washed my hands, but then it was fine again.
Now I'm listening to my lecture that I missed for Indigenous and trying to think of something intelligent to post on the forum. The lecture was actually really interesting because it was on Australian Indigenous demographics. I wonder if my interest in demographics has to do with my favourite professor at Hope being a demographer or if he was my favourite professor because he also liked demography. Or maybe it's just a coincidence. The concept of correlation v. causation comes to mind here. Anyway, I better go post so that I can skype with Rohan before I go to bed. I have a lot of reading/studying to do this weekend to prepare for my paper/presentation for Anthro on Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment