When I did finally wake up, I was feeling a lot better. I ate hot wings for "lunch" which was really at like 2:30 or 3. I don't know if you can still call that lunch. Then I talked to Rohan for a bit before going to CIF and church.
CIF was good. Today, Emily told me that she went to Rohan's profile after seeing my new profile picture and noticed that one of his friends was in her strand group at NTE last year. It's a small world. After CIF we ate dinner together. Then had a bit of a break until church started.
Church today was about sex. Well it revolved around 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8, which mentions abstaining from sexual immorality. It was pretty interesting. There were more than a few jokes about Christian church functions acting like dating services. I think the first was when Marcus, the senior pastor at Crossroads, talked about being attracted to the church, which he then said sounded weird because it seemed like you were attracted to someone in the church and that's the reason that you were there. Jo was getting uncomfortable with the talk about it being like a dating service and I told her about Ring by Spring at Hope. (For those that don't know, it's getting an engagement ring by the spring of your graduation.) We were talking about relationships that start via church/bible studies/etc and she said I "joined the club." Haha
After church, we had a small break for coffee/tea/etc and then we reconvened for a Q and A session. I thought it would be interesting, so I stayed. People did ask some interesting questions. Apparently there is a part of the Bible that says it is a legitimate reason to get married because you can't control yourself. I'm including that specifically in this post because some of my friends at Hope said that was the only reason that so many Hope students get married right after graduation and that is a dumb reason. Of course, you should control yourself, though. :P
Anyway, why is it that I always seem to be talking about sex here? Whether it's about HIV transmission/condom use or abstaining. I prefer the Christian conversations, though. So much less awkward than the conversations that talk about how people can't possibly be virgin non-drinkers!
But, yeah, that was pretty much my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment