08 August 2012

This is Public Health

I probably tried to get some more reading done this morning, but I honestly can't remember. I know that I ate some chicken for lunch. Then I went to class.

My stomach didn't hurt all morning, but then it started to hurt again during class. It seriously only hurts during the afternoon. I don't get it, but my stomach feels fine now. When my lecturer first saw me in class today, he said, "good, you didn't die!" and asked if I was feeling better. I don't remember what I said, but he could tell I didn't feel well by the end of class because he told me not to look so sad. Janice was worried about me, as she always is. She was teasing me that maybe it was psychological and that I just don't like the class. Honestly, I wouldn't doubt that, except that it was still just the afternoon on Sunday and Monday, when I didn't have class with that lecturer. I'm fine now, though.

Then I went to my Indigenous development class. She was still lecturing when I got there, but naturally my mind went elsewhere. It's hard enough to listen to her when I'm there for the lecture from the beginning, but starting to listen to it over an hour in was almost impossible.

After class, I was inexplicably sad. For the first time since I've been here, I felt depressed. I think it was just that I haven't been feeling well and I keep falling behind on readings, so I'm a little overwhelmed. I had to go to IGA to pick up some food to make for dinner. I have almost no food in my flat. I don't want to stock up because my loan still has not gone through, so I'm really running low on money. I just bought enough food to try to hold me over until it does go through.

I have good reason to believe that the money will go through tomorrow, though. The money was in my ISIS account until yesterday and when I set up my bank account, the person at Commonwealth said that it would take 48 hours for an internet transfer of money to go through. Tomorrow is also the mark of 21 business days that my check from my American account was supposed to take to make it back to be deposited. When they said up to 21 days, I didn't think it would actually take right up until the 21st day. It better be in there tomorrow.

I then made dinner and listened to my zune. It made me much happier. I made hamburgers and onions. That's right, I made something to eat with my meat! I'm an omnivore instead of just a carnivore! I'm starting to eat healthier. It's baby steps.

I don't remember all of what I did tonight. I posted to a forum for contemporary. I edited the ANU Master of Public Health facebook group. I also ordered some "This is Public Health" stickers from www.thisispublichealth.org. The stickers were free! They are coming from the US, though, so they may take a while to get here. My mom also sent me some links about trying to get a visa. Really, I'll just have to talk to an immigration agent person, but I have yet to set up an appointment. Anyone that doesn't have to deal with immigration laws should really count their blessings. It's frustrating.

So now I'm just trying to de-stress and relax a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for eating healthier and for loan money coming in! Is there anything I can do to help you feel better? Do you want to Skype later when you get up and I get home? Message me and let me know.

    ReplyDelete