10 August 2012

I better watch what I say or I'll end up on your blog again!

Janice and I had a study date today. I had to make sure that I printed my readings before she got here, so I went downstairs before she was supposed to arrive. Problem was, the computers down there hate me. It took four computers until I could finally print something.

The first one wouldn't let me log on to my account. The second one wouldn't let me print the document. The third one didn't let me open Adobe Reader to view the files because it said that I needed to pay for an update. Finally the fourth one worked!

I wasn't able to finish printing before Janice got there, though, so I had to leave my computer briefly to go let her in.Then I came back and tried to print off the rest of my papers. For some reason, though, three of them wouldn't open up. I guess I'll try to print them again tomorrow or something.

Janice brought me two things today. First, she had bought me some banana bread when she went to Harvest, the cafe, this morning. She also made me this cute picture of a koala. I named it Mr. Koala. Really creative, I know.

Then we went up to my flat to work on our readings together. I'm not sure why we weren't studying together before! I could focus so much better and we were talking about them as we were reading, so I was engaging in the readings more. Hopefully I'll actually understand it in class this week!

As we were studying, we were also talking about other stuff, including how we pronounce certain things. Janice said something to the effect of my title.

At 12, Ko called. The five of us, who still need to come up with a name, were going to cook lunch together at Toad. The five of us consists of Bec, Boon, Janice, Ko, and myself. First, Ko, Janice, and I had to go to the store. I was excited to finally have money to buy food again! So I stocked up on some essentials. I still have to get some stuff, but I had to be able to carry it all.

We made a quick stop back to my flat to drop off my groceries before we headed over to Toad. We decided to cook in Bec's kitchen instead of Ko's. We went upstairs to find her already in the kitchen. We, and by we I mostly mean Janice, made steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots, eggplant, and broccoli. My steak had to be cooked for quite a bit longer than originally because it was still purple in the middle when I cut it. My mum would have liked it, but it was way too rare for me! We managed to get it to cook enough in the middle while not cooking too much on the outside, but it was difficult. At least I like my steak a little charred. It was all pretty good, though.

We didn't actually start eating until about 3 and we didn't get back to my flat until after 4, I think. Then we read some more. I ended up taking a nap. I just couldn't concentrate without taking one. Then I came back out and read some more. Janice finished her paper and then went home.

I continued to read a bit, then I showered, and now I'm writing my blog post. I'm still going to read for a bit before going to bed.


Mr. Koala says hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment