01 August 2012

"Don't you get shot for wearing a Murdoch shirt at ANU?"

For some reason, I never remember the mornings. Rohan says it's because I need caffeine. *rolls eyes. I ate some hot wings for lunch and went to class.

My first class was qualitative methods. I didn't get a chance to read for that class because I was trying to catch up with my indigenous class because I would have to miss the lecture. It ended up being fine. I also liked the lecturer a lot more today than I did in yesterday's class, even though he still made quite a few remarks about sociology not being a valid subject.

He also called me out on my Murdoch sweatshirt that I wore today. The title quote comes from him. It seems kinda funny because it's not like I was wearing a University of Canberra sweatshirt. We were talking about it when we had break and I told him that I studied abroad there for a semester two years ago. He asked which I liked better, which, of course, I said ANU. And not just because that was the correct answer, but because I do like it a million times better. He said that he guesses he can forgive me since I've learned and came to ANU this time.

At the end of class, he went through everyone and asked what they were thinking for their final research proposal. We have to come up with a research proposal and conduct an interview as part of our assessment. I told him that I was thinking about doing something with Australian Aboriginal health, but I didn't know how hard that would be for me. He told me that it was a great idea and that there were lots of connections at ANU, so he'd be able to help me find someone to interview.

I then went to my Australian Indigenous Development class. Since my classes overlap, I missed about an hour and a half. Qualitative went long today. When I got to class, they were taking their break. The lecturer said that the lecture was short, so the class talked in small groups about the reading question and we were going to talk about it as a group after break. I only had time to read one of the articles, but luckily I read the right one! I knew exactly what they were talking about. It was such an improvement from last week. We were discussing why "indigenous" is a hard term to define. At first thought, you probably wouldn't think that it is, but in reality, it's really complicated.

I came back after class and relaxed. I went online. I ate dinner. Nothing too exciting.

Oh and last night we booked my flights to visit Rohan over my break! I'm heading over to Perth on 16 September! Less than 46 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment