I went to class, nothing too exciting there. We had some interesting conversations during the break, though. Almost everyone except for Janice pulled out some food during our break. That girl is so obsessed with food that I don't know why she didn't have any. I had brought a whole box of shapes since I hadn't eaten lunch.
Janice then brought up the question to everyone if we prefer salty or sweety popcorn. Apparently everyone back home thinks that it is weird that she likes salty popcorn. I guess sweet popcorn is really popular in Asia. There was a general consensus that we prefer salty. This lead to an interesting statement from one of my classmates. He's from St. Louis and apparently they put kool-aid on their popcorn down there. I didn't hear what he said at first, but one of my other classmates was saying something about American stereotypes being true, so I was intrigued. When he told me that I was all sorts of confused. We don't do that in Michigan!
After class, Janice was going to meet Bec to go to Civic, so I joined. We met Bec at the Toad Hall lobby and walk to Civic together. We went to SupaBarn and I got more ice cream. I've almost eaten it all already! We also went to Aldi, Target, and Big W. We left Janice at the Pancake Parlour and Bec and I headed back to our flats. Janice was going to some SIGN pancake thing there, but Bec and I weren't going.
When I got back to my flat, I was expecting my pot roast to be done. I had put it on at 11:15 and it was supposed to take 6-8 hours. Well, it wasn't done. The vegetables were all hard! I decided to take out the beef to see if that was cooked. For some reason, that was cooked! All the way through. I'm not sure how that got cooked but the veggies didn't. Then I added some water. I think that may have been the problem. The recipe didn't say to add any water, so I figured it'd be fine. I guess it needs water. I've been cooking it all night and they're still pretty hard, but getting better.
I ate some chips when I got back because I was so hungry and my food wasn't ready yet. I had bought the ones that Janice wouldn't let me eat last week because my stomach still hurt. They were pretty good. I still prefer salt and vinegar, though.
Eventually I had to eat dinner. I got some food out of my slow cooker while I was writing this. It's alright, but the vegetables aren't as cooked as I'd like and the meat is a little dry. I think adding the water right away next time would help a lot. Lesson learned! Hopefully someday I'll be able to make edible meals. I'm getting there, just very slowly.
You are learning to cook! Have fun with that.
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of Kool-Aid popcorn either, but I'm guessing you put the powder on dry like a seasoning? Sounds nasty, but I am not a fan of Kool-Aid.
ReplyDeleteYou are learning to cook, and that takes some trial and error. You will be cooking great meals before you know it :)