I had another day of intensive outbreak. I'm still really exhausted. I don't know how people with jobs all day do it! Rohan would say coffee. But one girl in my class said that she takes naps in the toilet at work. I don't know how she does that, but she tried to explain.
In class, we finished up our case study, had some presentations, and worked on the computers today. During one of the presentations, the lecturer said that his heart was in diabetes and then he said that his heart was in some other health thing in Papua New Guinea. I took that to mean that he had two hearts and the only logical conclusion then was that he is a Time Lord!
After class, I walked back with Karemah. I found out that she watches Survivor, too! That was amazing because I've never been able to talk to someone about it because I don't know anyone else that watches it! We talked about it almost the whole way back. Then we went to IGA. I had to get a pie for pi day! Karemah went with me because she had to wait for the bus anyway. I was glad that IGA had some pies and I bought a blackberry and apple one. The other choice was apple, but Aussie apple pies don't taste the same as American apple pies. The apples don't taste as cooked here which is really sad because I love apple pie!
Then I went home. I took a nap. I ate dinner while watching tv. I cooked my pie. I ate my pie. It was really good. Also, I don't like crust, so there's this ring of crust around the tin and it's funny. I was surprised to find that the pie actually got hot all the way through! I'm not really sure why my pie heated all the way through when the brownies wouldn't cook. Oh well. I also learned the other day, and forgot to say it, that "brownies" is an American term. I guess they just call them slice here. Slice is apparently anything that you cook in a bar and then cut up, though, so it's not specific.
Now I'll probably just go to bed so I won't be too tired tomorrow. At least it's the last day of intensive! Also, today I didn't wear my pi shirt because I wore my norovirus one. I realised that about half way through the morning and I was sad. I'll just need to wear my pi shirt tomorrow since it'll still be pi day in America for most of the day! (yay 15 hour time difference!)
No, we totally call them brownies over here too... well, at least that's the only thing I've ever called them. Chocolate slice tends to be either super dense or really coconutty.
ReplyDeleteWeird. Maybe it's a WA thing because the people at CIF said that they don't usually call them brownies. They know what brownies are and that's what the girl who made them originally called them, but Owen said that's not usually what they say.
Delete