25 March 2013

Top score on the epi quiz= one VERY happy Caitlin!

Abstract:
Today was the moment of truth... I had my second Epi quiz and my Outbreak assessment. It was also date night!

I had been studying all weekend for this day. I had to do both my epi quiz and my outbreak assessment. The epi quiz was worth 8% and the outbreak assessment was worth 20% of the final grades in their respective units. I was way more nervous for the epi one, though. I'm interested in doing another degree in epi and I really had to redeem myself after the last quiz.  Plus Stephanie, the lecturer for outbreak, said that the outbreak one was easy.

I spent the morning reviewing some more. I made a formula cheat sheet and everything. I went to IGA to get some apples to eat while studying. Then I finally worked up the nerve to take the quiz. I was really nervous! The time was so short last time. This one had twenty questions in twenty minutes, but I was better prepared this time because I knew what to expect. I made sure to do the high point ones, the last questions, first and then go back to the beginning. I went really quickly and I had over a minute left to check my answers. Then the time was up. I had a good feeling about it, though.

Then I took a mental break and played a little Mario Kart or Angry Birds before going back to study for outbreak. I read the post-intensive readings on Friday, but I didn't review the stuff from class at all until today. I was banking on the fact that a lot of the concepts overlapped so that studying for one class was kind of studying for both. I quickly ran through the case studies and then the slides from the intensive week of class before I took the assessment. It ended up being really easy, or at least I think it was because we haven't received our grades yet. We had two hours to finish it but I finished it in 45 minutes, which is including time to review some of my answers.

After finishing, I took another mental break and relaxation before going to Rohan's place. He was skyping with Scott, so it was easier for me to go to Belconnen than for Rohan to come here. When I got there, they were still skyping, so I said hi to Scott and they continued to talk for a while.

Then it was dinner time, so Rohan and I ordered pizza. Rohan bought like this coupon-y book thingy. He likes it because it means that we get to go somewhere new each week and because it means that I need to try something new each week. Rohan's trying to get me to try new foods. I'm making progress. Anyway, Crust was one of the places that he had a coupon thing for. It was buy one get one free, so we each got a pizza. He got satay and I got the Philly steak one.

I stayed at Rohan's flat while he went to pick up the pizzas. I had to make sure that the place didn't burn down because of the surprise that Rohan had for me. He made me an apple pie! I was talking about how Australian apple pie is not like American apple pie at all. The apples don't taste cooked here. Rohan found an American recipe online and made it for me. Isn't he awesome? Also, I really like apples because I had two apples for lunch. Not to mention all of the apple juice that I drink on a regular basis. Plus I'm eating one as I edit this. I think it has to do with growing up in Michigan.

Rohan came back with the pizzas just in time for the oven timer to go off. We watched tv while eating. My pizza was actually really good. I usually only like cheap crap pizza, like Dominoes or Pizza Hut, so I was glad that I liked it. Then I told Rohan that I never had satay before, so he made me try some of his pizza. It was alright. I couldn't really decide if I liked it or not. I liked my pizza a lot better. Then we had his apple pie. I was happy to have cooked apples in my apple pie! It was very yummy.

When I was on my way home, Karemah called me. She told me that the epi quizzes were marked and that I got the top score! Ann-Maree always posts a line of congratulations to the student(s) with the top grade. It was just me this week. I was super ecstatic about it! She said that I got 39/40, but I wasn't able to look at it on wattle because I was on the bus. When I got off the bus, I did a little happy dance/skip/jumpy thing on my way back to Davey. I went to go print my epi notes for class tomorrow only to find that the printers were both broken, yet again, but nothing could get me down!

I went back to my room and got to check wattle. The one question that I got wrong was the one that I wasn't sure about, narrowed it down to two possible answers, and then picked the wrong one. It's alright, though, because I still got the top score! I also noticed that the biostats wattle is now available, so I was reading through the course outline and assessment guide for that. I was getting excited for it. I'm really not normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment