Abstract:
Class, lunch, nap, work, store, dinner, Rohan.
I had trouble falling asleep last night because I was still so excited about getting the top grade on the epi quiz! I didn't fall asleep until about 3, but I surprisingly wasn't all that tired this morning when I had to wake up for epi. Janice and Greta were going to class separately, so I walked by myself. I left at the same time, but I walk much quicker when I'm by myself, so I actually got to class before the building was even open! Luckily some guy in the building let me in.
Class was good. I'm so glad to have a sociology background because we're talking about error and bias and I have already learned it all before in undergrad. Thank you, Professor Nemeth! After class, I talked with Ann-Maree to make sure that she actually got my email that I sent her like a week or two ago. She said she just hasn't had time to schedule a time to meet, but she hasn't forgotten about me. Then she said that we might be able to meet on the first day of the Biostats intensive week, so hopefully that works.
Then we had our tute. Our tutor was a postdoc at NCEPH. She didn't seem to exercise as much authority as the lecturers do and I kind of felt like I was a tutor during the tute. We were going through the exercise together, and I was always the first to answer the questions, unless I waited to allow other people to answer. Epi just comes natural to me. We were the last ones done with the tute, which was kind of sucky.
Afterwards, I went to Union Court to go to the chemist and put more money on my MyWay card. Then I went home and cooked my chicken. I have a new go-to recipe instead of just using hot sauce and cayenne powder and garlic powder. It's a recipe that I found on pinterest a while ago and I love it! I still have my hot sauce on my green beans, though. That may sound weird, but hot sauce on green beans is actually really good! Then I took a short nap before tutoring.
Work was alright. I was supposed to be on read with kids for the first half, but instead I started reading with one kid and then kept him. The second section was the two brothers again. The kids were all younger than the age that I prefer to work with, but at least I got to work on some maths.
After that, I went to the SupaBarn in Kaleen. It's right between where I work and the bus station and I have to wait about 45 minutes for the bus anyway. I just got some essentials that I needed to get and then I went to take the bus. I've decided to just take the direct one home from now on, even though it technically gets back later. Leonard was also tutoring, so we went back to uni together. We were talking about America and the concept of the title came up. He said that he has this ideal of America being the land of opportunity, except when he starts talking to me. Clearly the board of tourism to America would never want me to try to get people to go there. I'm trying to leave!
I went home and reheated my dinner. I talked to Eli over dinner. We had a nice conversation. Then I watched some tv until Rohan called me. He was in the city and wanted to say hi. I went down to meet him and we hung out for a little bit before he went home. Now I'm just sitting at home and doing nothing because I'm tired.
I forgot to mention that there was a person wearing a bunny suit in Union Court today. It was both weird and creepy. Giant bunnies have to be the scariest costume!
ReplyDelete