Abstract:
Davey has issues. The Lord of the Rings. Skyfire.
I wanted to take a shower this morning, but the hot water wasn't working. They had turned off the water at some point last night for maintenance issues and I guess that the hot water didn't work right. I decided to just go to the store and then asked the girl at the desk on my way out. She told me that they were on their way then, so I was hoping it would be fixed by the time I got back.
I just made a short trip to Supabarn to get my stuff to make my corned beef for tomorrow since it's St. Patrick's Day. Luckily by the time I got home and put my groceries away, the hot water was working again. I could tell before that if I took a shower in the cold water I would have gotten pneumonia or something. I can't regulate my body temperature very well. I swear I'm cold-blooded!
At 3, I went to Rohan's place. We were watching the second movie for The Lord of the Rings. It had been a couple of weeks since we saw the first one, so Rohan refreshed our minds with reading a synopsis online. This movie was good, but I think I liked the first one better since they had to keep going between story lines for this one. I get easily confused.
When we were done with the movie, we went back into the city. Tonight was Skyfire, which is an annual fireworks thing held at the lake. That's the reason that we watched the movie earlier than we did a couple of weeks ago. The bus got pretty crowded and there were obnoxious drunk people behind us on the bus. They were drinking out of a goon bag (classy, right?) and the bus driver had to stop and tell them that he would kick them off the bus if they kept drinking. Drunk people are so obnoxious. Yet another reason not to drink!
We walked around the lake for a bit trying to find a good place to sit. There were lots of people there. We ended up sitting on some stones by the edge of the lake.
The fireworks were pretty awesome. We saw a sign that they had a metric ton of fireworks for tonight. They had some pretty cool ones. My favourites are always the ones that are shapes. There were hearts, which I had seen before, but they also had hands and birds. It was funny when they went off at weird angles because you couldn't tell what they were. Rohan thought that one of them was a skull and crossbones, so I told him that it was actually the Dark Mark since it was green. It was also pretty windy, so the fireworks would go off and then drift pretty quickly to the left. I was just glad that the fireworks weren't called off because it was sprinkling earlier and might rain harder.
After the fireworks, we walked back to the city. Rohan walked me back to unilodge before going to the bus stop. Now I'm just watching A Very Potter Senior Year on youtube because I wasn't able to watch it earlier and I'm obsessed with Starkid. I think I'll need to go to bed way before I finish it, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment