20 March 2013

The joys of public health readings!

I didn't have to get up and do anything today, so I spent the day studying. I read some of the readings for Outbreak, since we have our assessment on Monday, and I listened to the Policy lecture that I missed last Thursday because of the Outbreak intensive week. It was funny to hear Paul mention my name and that I'm graduating after this semester because he was talking about the facebook group that Janice and I started.

Funny story about reading for Outbreak, I didn't notice that the book was from America until I read the word "diarrhea." Of all the words with different spellings, that's the one that stood out to me. (You know you're a public health student when...) Also, one of the chapters was about computer usage in epi and it was hilarious. They were talking about floppy disks and explaining what google is! It was hilarious! I then looked at the publishing date and found it was from 2008. I didn't think that was that long ago, but apparently epidemiologists had to learn about floppy disks and how to google then.

No comments:

Post a Comment