Abstract:
We opened presents. Then we went to Rohan's grandma and opened more presents and ate lots and did other Christmassy stuff.
I woke up before six, but the plan was that we would start opening presents at 7:42. I tried to fall back asleep, but that doesn't always work for me. I just laid in bed until I eventually got up when I heard lots of other people awake.
When everyone was up, we went into the front room to open presents. The kids all opened their stockings at together. How it works is that we all get stockings/the presents surrounding the chair from Santa. That's a bunch of smaller presents. Then we each got a big present from Rohan's parents. So the kids, including me, all opened our stockings together and then Rohan's parents opened theirs. Then we exchanged presents. I have a ton of stuff, which my parents made me show them when we hung out on google hangout, but I'm not going to even start listing them all. My big present was that they are paying for my return flight to Canberra.
After presents from the Curries, Rohan and I opened our presents from my parents. Then I gave the Curries their presents. That included the pickle present. In my family, we have the tradition of the pickle ornament. Each year, my parents would hide it and then my sisters and I would have to find it. The person who finds the pickle gets an extra present. Jillian found it every single year except for two. I found it once when I was 15 or 16 and then Jacki found it once within a couple of years of that. Anyway, Justine found the pickle this year. Her present was a weeping angel, from Doctor Who, that my mom had made.
Then we ate breakfast. It's the one time a year that they eat really crappy cereal. I ate froot loops. They also had croissants. After breakfast we got all of the stuff that we wanted to take to Grandma's house and left.
We were at Rohan's grandma's house for the rest of the day. When we got there, we exchanged some more presents. I got a new turbo oven, so Rohan gets the old one. Rohan got a coffee machine so now he'll be able to survive when living on his own.
Then Rohan's aunt's family came back from visiting someone else. We ate lunch a little bit later. Eating was kind of an all day event. Lunch had a ton of different meats and some other stuff but I don't remember what all was there. We also had Christmas crackers and they had little whistles in them and the pack came with a song book. The whistles were each different notes and had different numbers, so we had to play them following the book's sequence to get songs. We had difficulties with that.
After lunch, we went to play some video games. I watched them play WiiU and I played with Bejeweled on my DS. Rohan got me that as one of my Christmas presents. That probably wasn't the best idea considering how much time I wasted playing it on Steam when he first got that for me. At least it isn't right before exam week like it was last time.
Then we had our mid-afternoon desserts. This was when the Christmas pudding came out. They lit it on fire to burn off the alcohol and it was pretty. I had to try it to make Rohan happy even though everyone else said that I didn't have to. It was not nearly as bad as that thing that my mom bought last year. (Although it was still disgusting.) I've realised that the main reason that I hate it is because of the tingling feeling that it gives me in my throat. It hurts and it doesn't just go away quickly. Rohan said that's the alcohol, which apparently doesn't all burn off, so clearly I just don't like alcohol. I guess it's a good thing that I don't drink. I just ate ice cream after that, but at least I tried it and that should make Rohan happy. During desserts, we also had a second Christmas cracker, but these ones were person specific and I think his grandma made them. They had a few things in them, but one thing was a pretty necklace.
We played Monopoly Millionare, one of Max's presents, at some point that afternoon. I was "on Rohan's team" which means that I told him to go and make us millionares while I just sat there. I played Bejeweled for part of it and then I watched for the rest. Max ended up winning. Other things that happened include Rohan using me as a human shield against a nerf gun and more video games.
Dinner was next. We had bugs. (Bugs is a name for a type of seafood in Australia. I don't mean insects.) They kept trying to scare me with them, but I don't know why. I like almost all seafood. (The exceptions being tuna, prawns/shimp, and salmon. It's funny because those are the kinds that people will often eat even if they don't like most seafood.) The bugs were in a dish so it's not like I had to see some gross animal. It's not like the prawns, which still had their heads on. The actual bugs were really good, but they were in some coconut dish and I'm not really a fan of coconut. At dinner, we were also playing with our crazy straws that you connect to make your own design and it was a lot of crazy fun. Especially to look at what Rohan was doing. I wasn't very creative with mine.
After dinner, we packed up and went home. It was getting kind of late and we had to get home to do a google hangout with my family. My parents always have computer issues whenever we try to do that, but we did get it all sorted out eventually. Rohan and I talked with them. Then they told me to show them everything that I got for Christmas. Really? Rohan decided to be evil to me and actually go and get my boxes of stuff so that I would have to show them everything. It was difficult. Justine made an appearance to thank my mom for the weeping angel and Rohan's mum made an appearance. I got to see everyone in my family. Austin and Adri were too busy with their new iPod touches from Santa to talk to me very much, but I at least sort of got to talk to them.
Then I was exhausted because it was a long day and I went to bed.
(Oh and it was about 38C, which is 100F. I'll take 38C over 38F any day! We didn't go outside at all besides the morning when we left for his grandma's and at night when we went home, though, so I didn't really experience the heat.)
No comments:
Post a Comment