Abstract:
I'm in Perth now. I went to a lock-in for the Youth Group at Rohan's church because he's a leader and I had nothing else to do. It was fun.
I woke up at 10 today, but I didn't actually get up until like 12. My mom and Janice were both distracting me on facebook chat and then I had to shower.
Rohan, his mum, and I went to go get lunch. We changed where we went because she had the idea of going to Old Chang Kee, taking my picture, and sending it to Janice to make her jealous. (It was totally her idea and not something that Rohan or I came up with) What a great idea! Rohan and I thought so anyway.
We went there and Rohan got some squid things. We actually went somewhere else for lunch. Rohan's family calls the place "cat food." Not because it looks like something you would feed your cat, but because it's cheap Asian. (Janice, I can hear you now..."That's racist" But it's still funny!) We also got bubble tea. I have never had it before, but Rohan made me get some. I got some apple green tea thingy. I didn't really like it. The little thingies at the bottom were really gross, so Rohan poured the liquid part into a separate glass. I still didn't really like it.
I don't remember what else happened until youth group. Scott came and got Rohan so that they could go early, but I stayed and went later with Justine. Before we left, Rohan called to get Justine to bring what he forgot. It was a lot! Rohan has issues with remembering to bring stuff.
Justine went to go pick up her friend and then we went to youth group. It was a lot of fun. It was a lock-in, so we stayed up the entire night doing different stuff. The first part of the night was normal youth group. They played a game and Rohan gave the talk and then they split into small groups and finally they said goodbye to the year 12s that are graduating and the leaders leaving, which included Rohan, of course.
Then they played another game all together. It was something to do with getting the most money and so you bought and sold things back to the leaders, who were stores, and the value changed so you would try to make a profit. They didn't have enough leaders, so Rohan put me in charge of the "cake" table. All of the tables sold really weird things, which were actually just slips of paper that said stuff. The table next to me was unicorn poop, so one of the girls at youth group said the title of this post to the leader at that table.
Then it was the informal part of the night/morning. We did different stuff. I mostly watched Rohan play video games. I'm weird and I really enjoy just watching people play video games. Rohan got the Wii U, so that's what they were playing. They were mostly using it to sabotage each other. It was funny. We also played some Just Dance. I kind of completely failed at it, but it was still fun.
In the morning, we went to maccas. I didn't get anything, but I don't like maccas. I do appreciate the fact that I was probably the only one that didn't eat it and I was the only America. How much more American can you get than McDonalds? Then we went back to the church to clean up and everyone went home. It was clearly a long day, but it was fun so it didn't matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment