18 December 2012

My immune system sucks!

Abstract:
I started to feel sick. I helped out with food at a funeral. Doctor Who training continues.

When I woke up, my throat hurt a little bit. I eventually got out of bed and showered. Then I went out to the living room. Rohan's mum and Justine were watching bits of Glee. (The parts that they could get on their apple tv because they can't see the actual Glee episodes because they haven't been released in Australia yet.)

At 2, we went to the church. Rohan's mum was helping out with the food at a funeral and she enlisted the help of Elise, Justine, and I. It was kind of awkward whenever she introduced me because there's no way that doesn't sound weird. She introduced me as her son's girlfriend and someone said they were wondering why she had an extra daughter with her. (Apparently that's getting into the territory of questions you aren't supposed to ask...) One of Rohan's sisters said that her mum should just introduce me as Caitlin, but then that wouldn't explain who I was and why I was there.

I helped out by making sandwiches and then Justine and I did some random jobs to help out while Elise and Rohan's mum were serving tea and coffee. We mostly just went to pick up glasses when people were done using them and took care of the dishwasher. We were also in charge of bringing the food back to the kitchen when everyone went into the service. There was a lot of food left over.

Then I went back with Justine and Elise while Rohan's mum was still there. I decided to take a nap because I was definitely starting to get sick. A few minutes after my first alarm went off (I had reset it), Rohan came home. He found me semi-asleep, at which point I woke up, and gave me flowers. I was really confused as to why he had flowers, but they were pretty. After asking him over and over he finally explained that someone brought them to work for someone else and then she was allergic to them, so he took the flowers to bring home to me.

We then ate dinner. It was ham steaks, but I don't like ham, so Rohan's mum made some chicken for me. To my credit, I did try some of Rohan's to make sure that I didn't like it first. Then Rohan continued my Doctor Who training until we went to bed. I decided to go to bed when he did rather than write my blog post because I was starting to feel really sick and so sleep was a better idea. Hopefully the extra sleep will help me get better sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment