Abstract:
Holy crap I'm tired. I came home. I went to see Rohan.
Benjamin was supposed to help with breakfast this morning, which meant that we actually had to get up right away. I set my alarm for the first time this weekend. I was just waking up to the noise of everyone else eating breakfast every other day. After setting up, I went to stand by the fire for a bit before the food was actually cooked. We had to put out the stuff and clean up, but Eric and Annie were there all weekend to cook for us. Breakfast this morning was pancakes, so I was very happy.
After I finished eating, I went to curl up by the fireplace. I ended up kind of sleeping for a while and then I actually fell asleep. I completely missed quiet time, although I guess my quiet time was REALLY quiet, I just didn't think about what I was learning at that time. Also, apparently three people said that I looked like a cat all curled up and sleeping by the fireplace. I was only partially asleep when Micaiah said it, so I nodded in agreement that I looked like a cat and he got embarrassed because he thought that I was sleeping and wouldn't hear. Whatever, I totally act like a cat sometimes. My favourite place to take a nap is in the sunlight coming in through a window!
I woke up for the final session, though. Well, I was still kind of mentally asleep. Owen talked about the last part of Philippians. Then we had morning tea and cleaning up. I was so proud of myself that I managed to pack up my sleeping bag all by myself two times in a row now. I didn't even have to try to pack it more than once. I could never get it when I was using it at Murdoch during our outback trip! When they cleaned the kitchen, they put out the extra food on a table and we could take anything that we wanted. I grabbed a 500g thing of salt and 1kg of canola spread, also apples and cheeto-type snacks but those aren't as funny as my giant salt and canola spread!
As everyone was packing up and putting stuff into the cars, we noticed that Eric's car had a flat tire! Of course we noticed it after they had packed everything into the car! He had to move a bunch of stuff to try to find his spare tyre. Luckily he had a spare tyre and a jack, so he could change it. It was quite interesting to watch. I've never seen someone change a tyre in real life, just in movies. The spare tyre was one of the smaller ones, so he can only drive up to 80kph, which is 50mph. I'm sure it was a long trip back to Sydney for them and I hope that they were able to get it fixed in Canberra or something so they didn't have to use it the whole trip! It is a public holiday, though, so I'm not sure if anywhere would have been open.
After fixing the flat, we all got a group picture. Then we were off. We were going to go to Bron's house to have lunch. We were going to stop in Tuggeranong, but we changed plans to just go there and eat the leftover pizzas that we had. I went back in Micaiah's car with Sheri and Dilan. I fell asleep for most of the car ride, but I still felt car sick when we got back. That might also have something to do with checking my email and facebook as soon as we were in civilization and got reception, though. Reading and looking at electronics always make me more car sick.
We were the first ones to get to Bron's place. Sam, who also goes to CIF and is her housemate, was home and apparently she got a call from Bron that we were coming about a minute before we arrived. She told us to wait outside or we could come inside if we didn't tell Bron of the mess. I sat outside for a bit to get some fresh air since I was feeling kind of sick. Then I went inside. We all talked and cooked the pizza as people came. We were there for about an hour before leaving. Micaiah then dropped me off at Davey.
I was exhausted when I got home. I couldn't do anything before I took a nap. Well, I did check the bus timetables. After my nap, I took a shower. I was glad to finally feel clean again, although I don't know how much cleaner the shower in my flat is than the ones at the camp. I came back to a disgusting bathroom and kitchen. One of the many reasons I'm sick of living with other people! But anyway, I had to get going to Rohan's place right away. It was our date night, but, since it's a public holiday, nothing is open and the buses run on a Sunday/public holiday schedule which meant that the last bus was at 7. I had to make sure that I got to Rohan's flat in time to eat dinner and get home. I didn't want to miss the bus again!
I got there around 5:30. Rohan made ribs in the pressure cooker. They were good and I'm glad that my stomach settled enough after my nap that I was able to eat. My stomach was feeling funny ever since the car ride. We also watched Doctor Who while eating dinner. The new episode came out this weekend, so Rohan said that I missed something important when I was gone. He's so silly. I left at about twenty to 7 to make sure that I caught a bus home.
I uploaded my pictures to flickr and facebook when I got back and then lay down. I only lay down for about an hour before I woke up, though. That was good since I want to be able to sleep tonight. I then ate some grapes and started working on my blog posts. I wrote Friday's and then this one, obviously, but I think I'll save the other ones for later. I'm tired and they take a lot of time to write when I do so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment