09 April 2013

"This class is not about how to do it, but knowing it can be done."- Geoff

Abstract:
I went to biostats. I was really happy. I ate dinner. That's about it.

Today was our first full intensive class for biostats. I was worried that I would be late because I had to put my pork roast in the slow cooker so that it would cook while I was in class. I don't know why I was worried because it doesn't seem to take as long to get to class as it used to take.

Class was good. Karemah was already there when I got there and she saved me a seat. I knew most of the stuff that we learned in the morning just from my prior studies of statistics. I knew a lot in the afternoon, too, but I got frustrated when the questions we were supposed to answer for our activities were very ambiguous and therefore confused me. I really liked the class, even though it was a bit boring at times.

Geoff, the lecturer for today, was pretty funny. Some of the questions that we had to answer for activities just had weird answers and he kind of joked around about it with us. He said the title quote when Pearl was asking how you actually figure out something. I guess we aren't really supposed to know that for our class. We're just supposed to know that it can be done and that we should consult a statistician.

 I also really liked the people that were at my table. Pearl, Karemah, Chris and I were talking a lot when we did the activities and over lunch and stuff. We had some good discussions. I had never actually talked to Chris before, but he was in my contemporary class last semester. He's actually really funny.

I wasn't nearly as tired after today's class as I was after the outbreak intensives. I'm not really sure why that was. I've just been really happy lately. When I was walking back, I thought up my facebook status about how it makes me sad when I think of how much easier life would be if I were just an Aussie citizen, but then happy when I realise how good I have it! I have an education (with classes that I LOVE), a place to live, food to eat, and people that love me. Add in God that will always be there to help me through the tough times and it doesn't get much better than that. I also realised that I have no idea why I kept going off my anti-depressants before. I am so much happier now. I was literally skipping on part of the way home!

I got home and checked my pork to make sure it was cooking. I was nervous because I put it on low, as the recipe and my mom said, but when I made a beef roast on low it barely cooked at all when I got back. I checked the internal temperature and it was actually done! Woo! I didn't want to eat yet, so I put it on keep warm and took a nap. Then I ate dinner. It was pretty good. Apparently I do like pork now, or at least pork shoulder. I think that I'll need to tweak the recipe next time, though. I'm not sure if it was too much pepper, too many chilli flakes, or I need to dilute the vinegar. I ate dinner while watching Doctor Who from the weekend. I forgot to watch it this weekend and it's on my dodgy site that I use to watch my other tv shows.

That was about it for the night. I've just been playing games on my phone. I'm currently kind of obsessed with 4 pics 1 word, pic combo, and icomania. I may or may not have a problem... My addictive personality is one of the many reasons that I don't do drugs, including drinking!

2 comments:

  1. You do realise that Doctor Who is free on the totally non-dodgy ABC iView site since you're in Australia right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) I have no idea what iView is.
      2) I was already on my dodgy site looking to see if there was a new episode of How I Met Your Mother.

      Delete