20 April 2013

hugs and drugs

Luckily I stopped crying before I went to sleep last night. I hate crying myself to sleep. It happens more frequently than I'd care to admit, although that was more of a problem last semester when I was depressed and life kind of sucked. But today still kind of sucked. I was supposed to go to Rohan's at 12:30 to talk to my parents about our trip to California.

I don't really have food at my flat, at least nothing that I could grab quick for breakfast/lunch before I left. I instead went to SPAR on my way to the bus stop to get a baguette. They didn't have the one that I've been getting, so I got a different one that ended up being over a dollar cheaper. Score! I ate about half of it before the bus came and I had to stop eating it. When I went to get off the bus, my bread fell out of the bag. I wasn't going to eat it after it rolled around on the bus floor. Then I got off the bus and it fell out of the bag again! Apparently the bag ripped so it was open on both ends. I was upset because I was already in a sucky mood and I was still hungry and I wanted my bread! I threw it away at the next garbage and continued to Rohan's place.

I just hugged him for a really long time when I got there. I needed a hug. It's probably the best thing if you're depressed. Well, hugs and (anti-depressant) drugs. Then we had to talk to my parents. We're trying to figure out all of the details for when I'm coming home/Rohan is visiting the States/my parents are visiting us in California. There's a lot to work out before that all happens. My parents wanted to keep talking, but the computer's battery was about to die, so we had to leave. (Also, skype was sucking so we had to use G+ hangout. It's so much better!)

Then Rohan and I talked for a while, which included us going on a walk. I started to feel much better, although I'm still pretty depressed. I left when I was feeling better. He has to work hard on his dissertation from Honours now because his advisor or whatever wants it by the end of the month.

I took a long nap when I got home. That seemed to help a lot. Then I finished up my biostats assignment. It's really nice to have turned something in already that isn't due until 2 May! I'm never that on top of things! I also finished rereading on of the chapters for the epi quiz on Monday. Now I have a pretty bad headache. I'm not really sure if that has to do with the depression, the fact that I haven't really eaten today (which could also have to do with the depression), or if it's some other factor. I think that it's probably stress about the future and depression, though. My upper back and neck hurt too, which is where stress builds up for me and I don't have any homework that I'm currently stressed about. Maybe I just need ice cream and sleep. (The other best cures for depression.)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better soon Caitlin. Trust Jesus - he knows what he's doing with your life, and he knows the desires of your heart! And he knows what you need. Remember Romans 8:28-39 :)

    ReplyDelete