Abstract:
Biostats is gonna be pretty freakin' awesome. Gelato with Karemah. Date night. There's a reason I don't cook on the stove.
This morning was our first meeting for the biostats intensive week. It was actually voluntary because it was just a maths refresher. I'm actually really glad that I went to the refresher because we had a quiz after, that you could just take online if you didn't attend, and it prepared me to know what was going to be on the quiz.
We had it graded on the spot and given back to us. It was easy except for the fact that I did something stupid. I only got one question wrong and it was because I apparently don't know how to do decimals. I said that 8/1000 was 0.08. It's not. I'm dumb. Rohan told me later that it's what his family calls pulling a Rohan. Apparently he used to make stupid maths errors like that a lot. Then he said that he needs to stop telling me these things when I told him that it was going to be my blog title. I'd find out these things one way or another, he might as well be the one to tell me.
I waited for Karemah to finish to quiz. She said that she wanted ice cream, so we went to the Canberra Centre to go get some gelato. We went to gelatissimo and I got raspberry, no surprises there! We sat around for a while and talked while eating our gelato. Then we walked around. I told Karemah about my hyperness on Saturday and she couldn't believe that I actually did a headstand on my bed! I'm kind of wondering if the anti-depressants are making me hyper since I'm not really depressed any more or if this craziness is just my normal non-depressed state. Don't get me wrong, I love being happy and hyper, but it does make it harder to concentrate on my studies. Except for epi. I use that to help me focus again.
Karemah left and I went grocery shopping. I had to go anyway, so I just grabbed my extra bags on our way to the Canberra Centre from class. I was happy to see that the chocolates were on their post-Easter sale. They were 1/2 off, so I just kept grabbing them. It ended up being 13 bags of Caramello eggs. Hopefully that will last me a while!
I came home, took a nap, did my laundry, and showered. Nothing too interesting there, but I had to fit that all in before meeting up with Rohan. He came into the city today. I was going to meet him at the bus stop, but his bus passed me and so he just got off at the next stop, which just happened to be like 2 metres from where he saw me.
We went to Cream for dinner. It was another place in his voucher book thingy. I learned today that it's apparently weird for guys to use coupons on dates. I don't understand that at all. It makes me happy that Rohan saves money. If you have the chance to save money, why wouldn't you? I would just think that a guy was dumb if he didn't use a coupon. How is that supposed to be impressive? Anyway, it was good. I got fish and chips and Rohan got some duck thing. I finally got to try duck after Janice tried to get me to try duck at the beginning of last semester but the place we went kind of failed. I couldn't decide if I liked the taste of duck or not, though.
After dinner, we walked around civic for a bit. Then we sat and talked, we walked some more, Rohan got gelato, and we walked some more until we both went home. When I got back, I talked to my mom a bit on facebook and then I started making my dinner for tomorrow night. I'm going to attempt to make a pork roast. This should be interesting because I've only ever liked pork once, but it was the last time that I tried it. The recipe that I'm making is in the slow cooker, so I had to sear the meat first. I did that tonight rather than doing it at 7am tomorrow before I go to class. Benedict came back tonight, so I think he'll appreciate that too.
I really hate cooking on the stove, though. I don't even know if I seared it right, but the oil splatters and then it hurts me. I don't like that. At least I had burn cream this time! It was my first time using it, since I finally got the cream just before I got my oven, but Benedict had used it before when he burnt himself really badly. Now I really need to get to bed so that I won't die of exhaustion during biostats tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment