Abstract:
I felt much better before bed last night. I went to SPAR, I went to church, and have no idea what I did in between.
I think that my epi book has special powers because after about an hour or so of reading it last night, I felt perfectly fine again. I'm not sure how that worked, though.
I don't really remember what I did today, which is weird. I remember that I had trouble sleeping, though, and I ended up waking up at 7 to go on my computer a bit before I fell asleep again. It said that it was 1C outside. I guess winter has arrived early! Brrrr
I also went to SPAR. I was too lazy to go to Supabarn to get food. Actually, I think my original plan was just to go there to get food to eat for lunch and then to go the Supabarn in the afternoon. I don't remember what I did in the afternoon instead, so I probably just took another nap or something.
Then I went to CIF. I got there and Dilan was waiting outside. He didn't see anyone that he knew from the doorway or something so he didn't want to go in until he saw someone he knew. I think the issue was that CIF is kind of around the corner and there were a bunch of other people in the hallway on the other side. It still kind of made me laugh though because he knew almost everyone that was there for CIF from the camp. (Dilan goes to the University of Canberra, so he isn't usually at CIF but the camp was supposed to be a mix of UC and ANU students.)
CIF was good. We looked at John 1 some more. Since the passage refers to Jesus in many ways, our 'get to know you' activity was to fill out a piece of paper with 10 things about who we are. Then we put them in the middle, picked one out, and had to guess who we got. Helen and I felt bad about not thinking to write Christian until towards the end. I just decided to put it last because the last shall be first, right? Then the other Helen wrote things like sinner and Christian-type things for all of her things so we felt even sillier forgetting to put it first.
Speaking of the two Helens, we were trying to think of nicknames for them to differentiate instead of 1 and 2 or old and new. We were teasing Sam and Helen about being Kiwis and having funny accents, so Bron said that we should call the Helen from New Zealand Hilan. (They pronounce things like pen as pin in New Zealand.) I don't think that stuck, though.
We had dinner together. We hung out before church. We went to church. Marcus is on holiday for the next two weeks, so Dean was the pastor at today's service. He gave us the challenge to go and talk to someone that we don't know during supper after church. Helen really wanted to actually talk to someone she didn't know. That didn't seem likely since people that she knew kept coming up to her.
During that time I also saw Ayush. It was his first time at Crossroads and some friends invited him. He's Hindu, but interested in learning about Christianity, which is pretty awesome. He liked Crossroads, so I invited him to come to CIF next week. Also, I know that he reads this sometimes, which makes it kind of awkward.
I was talking with Jess and Helen when Jess brought her friend over. Apparently he had to give her something and she gave him instructions on how to break into her house. Only Jess! As soon as he came over to the group, Helen got excited because it was someone that she didn't know. He's new at ANU this semester and studying music. He plays the bassoon. Then Helen and Jess left to go get a buy one get one free chatime bubble tea for the last time before the deal ended tonight. It was kind of funny. I kept talking to Jess' friend, whose name I forgot-oops, for a while and then I went home.
I just wanted to lay down for a bit, but not sleep. I ended up falling asleep. Then I woke up to check the time on my phone and realised that Rohan was calling. My phone was on silent, so it was like I psychically knew he was calling and woke up. It was kind of weird. He wants to go see Iron Man this week, it's out earlier in Australia than it is in America, so he wanted to check when I was free. He got tickets and then later I remembered that he's usually busy that day. (What would he do without me? and my excuse for not realising right away is that I was half asleep...) We're going to try to see if we can change the date of the tickets tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment