23 May 2013

"All I want is a harpoon gun." - Andrew (in reference to Skywhale)

Today wasn't too exciting. I think I probably worked a small amount on my policy brief this morning. I also went downstairs to figure out how to end my contract with UniLodge in July. They told me to forward my graduation invitation to them as proof that I will be graduating. I did that and got a reply back. My contract will end in July. It's just annoying because I have to move out the day before I graduate. Plus I have a couple of weeks until I leave to go back to the US. Anyone want to be my best friend and let me stay with them?

Then I had policy. I always dread going to that class. It wasn't too bad, though. Andrew was leading the lecture, so it was much more interactive. Plus we got to give feedback of the class. I know that he was frustrated by the course structure, too, so I know that he'll actually take our feedback into account and change it for next year. I also expressed my concerns with passing this class, since we've had absolutely no feedback and he seems like a tough grader and I have no idea what I'm doing. He said that Paul is the final marker, though, and it's an unwritten rule that everyone passes. That's a relief. Obviously I'll still try really hard, but it's nice to know that I'm not going to fail because of this awful course. He also said in the lecture that 2/3 of the applicants for the ANU MPH don't get accepted. That made me feel so much smarter because I really thought that it was easy to get in!

The title of this post refers to Skywhale. For those not in Australia, Skywhale is this really weird balloon thingy for Canberra's centenary. Apparently it's going to fly around Australia or something. I don't get it. Neither did anyone else in the class. It just looks like this weird balloon thingy with lots of boobs. Anyway, we were talking about it in class for some reason and Andrew said that all that balloon does is make him want a harpoon gun. It's seriously so ugly and I'm not sure what it has to do with Canberra being 100. It seems like a waste of $300,000 to me, but maybe that's just my opinion.

After class, I've just been working on writing my brief. I told myself that I wouldn't go to bed until I at least had the first draft fully written. I've written a lot of it, but I may go to bed before finishing it. But I have to no matter how much I want to sleep. I need to get this done so that I can work on my major assignment so that I can finish that and only have to study for epi and biostats. That's not even really studying since I enjoy doing it so much. I can't wait to be done with my policy assignments!

No comments:

Post a Comment