26 May 2013

What's brown and curly and pinched at one end?

Abstract:
It's my birthday, I'm tired, and I want to go to bed so I'm just going to write this in bullet points. Also, I'm not editing so sorry if anything has too many errors to read.


  • It was really cold and foggy this morning. I'm not used to the seasons switch and, even though it was my birthday, I felt that it was October.
  • I went to Rohan's place where we met to catch the bus to the National Dinosaur Museum.
  • The dino museum was awesome. My inner 4 year old self, when I was obsessed with dinosaurs, was freaking out at the awesomeness.
  • There were animatronic dinosaurs. They were awesome.
  • Emus have awesome green skin, but I hate emus. They are evil birds. I was torn.
  • The answer to the title is poop. Apparently people were confused for a few years when they first found fossilized poop.
  • Rohan wouldn't let us leave the giftshop until he bought me something. He likes spending money. I decided to let him just buy me a geode. There were ones that weren't cracked yet, so you pick one and then have them crack it and you see what's inside. The girl working there suggested that I get a different one that felt lighter, and therefore was hollow for the crystals. I picked out a lighter one, but that ended up not cracking with the machine thingy. Then she tried my original one and it worked. Now I have a pretty white crystal geode.
  • I got Rohan to take a picture with me of us running from one of the dinosaurs out front. The perks of it being my birthday!
  • We walked around the area for a bit. There were a lot of cute little shops and such. Rohan said it was like it was trying to be a tourist town except that doesn't really work in Canberra because no one just comes here for fun.
  • We couldn't find anywhere for lunch, so we went back to Belconnen. We ate at Westfield and I had KFC.
  • We went back to Rohan's place. He gave me my presents. I got a beautiful quilt that his mum made. I also apparently have a gift on the way from his grandma. Rohan gave me the Taylor Swift CD, since we'll see her in December immigration permitting. I also have a couple of gifts on the way. One of them is Animal Crossing, which is a 3DS game that hasn't been released yet. The other is a bunch of Starkid stuff for their new show, which I believe included a poster signed by the cast, a t-shirt, and the soundtrack.
  • We played Lips. I suck at that game, but I love singing so I don't care.
  • We forgot to make cupcakes. Oops.
  • I went back in time for church. I went straight there, so people were curious as to why I had a quilt.
  • My present from my parents and sisters is still on its way. It's a camera and I can't wait to get it!
  • I ate dinner as soon as I got back home because I was starving.
  • I skyped with my parents for like two hours. Well, with my mom for that long. My dad likes to leave the conversation and complain about how long we've been talking. We were actually on skype at my birthday time, so my mom sang happy birthday to me again. She always sings happy birthday to me at my birthday time, even if that just means that she calls me a leaves a message, which she did when I went to Cedar Point for my birthdays before.
  • I'm tired and going to bed so that I can work really hard on my policy essay, and outbreak presentation!, tomorrow. I'm almost to the point where all I have less is epi and biostats!

No comments:

Post a Comment