I actually went to class today. That walk is really exhaustingly long when you've been pretty much trapped in your room and now suddenly have to walk that with a backpack. I was quite exhausted when I got there. It was outbreak. There were all sorts of computer glitches, which was quite annoying. After class, I tried to go to the graduation office to make sure that they have on their records that I'm supposed to graduate in July. The website says that it is supposed to be on ISIS, but mine does not say anything. I needed to make sure because I need to get some sort of proof so that I can show UniLodge and end my contract in July. I got there only to find out that they were closed for lunch. They were closed 12:30-1:30 and I got there at 12:38. That was annoying.
After that failed attempt, I just went home. I was pretty tired, so I wanted to take a nap. I decided to take my cold medicine and go to sleep before work. I didn't give much thought to the fact that the medicine is supposed to be drowsy until I had immense difficulties waking up. They didn't seem to have a drowsy effect on me before, actually the opposite since I was taking them at night and couldn't fall asleep. Since it was hard to wake up, I decided not to eat lunch before going to work because sleeping sounded like a better idea.
Then I had to get up for work. I was scared that I was going to miss the bus, but I didn't. I even got off at the correct stop this time! Oh and apparently there's a Batman Street in Canberra!The bus arrives pretty early and I was hungry, so I went around the shops to see what was there. I found a woolie's, so I got some chocolates and sprites. They were on sale, so it's a good thing that my purse is big. Usually I have my roll-up bag in my purse, but I forgot it at Rohan's place last Friday.
Tutoring went well. I mostly worked on some maths with different kids. I was trying to play a game outside with my two girls during the second hour, but then one fell. She seemed fine, but just wanted to sit down. After tutoring, I had to wait for Michael to finish talking to someone so that I could find the hour sheets so I was late getting to the bus stop.
There was actually a new girl, Ellie, and I had to show her how to take the bus back to ANU. She was really nice. She actually said that her dad was from Michigan. I thought that was kind of funny. We had to wait quite a while for the bus. It's really frustrating that the Dickson shops seems to be the turn around point for buses, so they were all out of service. Finally we caught a bus that was a different number than the two I knew I could take, but the sign said that it went to the City, so I knew we were safe taking that bus. The benefits of living in the City! Now the question was where in the city we were going to be dropped off. It ended up being by Civic, which was annoying because the other buses would have taken us by UniLodge. Oh well, at least we knew where we were going. Oh, and she lives in Burgmann.
After that I just came home, ate dinner, and watched So You Think You Can Dance, which premiered last night in America. I also took a semi-unintentional nap because I was exhausted and it was shorten than I thought that it would be, so hopefully I can still fall asleep tonight. At least I'm feeling a lot better now.
No comments:
Post a Comment