Abstract:
Skype with family. Write proposal. CIF. Church. That is not what Catholics believe. I need to edit my proposal.
I woke up this morning to skype with my family. They decided to go to Toft's and skype a half hour later, so I woke up earlier for no reason. Well, I guess I did still have to get up. It was a really short chat and no one seemed to want to talk to me. Actually, we tried to use G+ hangout, but my video wasn't working for some reason, but it worked on Skype. But anyway, I had talked to my parents yesterday and Jacki didn't really say anything and the kids weren't paying attention, so it was like the shortest skype chat ever.
Then I took a nap before working some more on my proposal. I finished it except for editing and submitting, which I will do before bed since it's due in the morning. There's nothing else really exciting there.
Then I went to CIF. That was good. We talked about John 3, which is pretty dense.
Then we had church. Church was interesting. One of the global partners of Crossroads was there and he gave the sermon. All of the announcements and stuff were really long because they introduced him and he showed a video and stuff. He does mission in Italy. Then he gave his sermon and I got really annoyed. He was talking about Catholics and how they place Jesus on equal footing with the saints and Mary is worshipped and that Catholics just fit Jesus into a pagan belief system and other things that I did not agree with. I found it really hard to concentrate after that because it was just wrong and he shouldn't be standing up and proclaiming that to a church. No wonder people get the wrong idea of Catholics! At one point during his sermon, another girl raised her hand and told him that she was raised Catholic and did not agree with any of what he was saying about Catholics. They decided to meet after church to discuss.
I went down there with her. I let her know that I agreed with her 100% and there was another girl that came down who was also raised Catholic and she just left part way through because she did not agree with him. I don't really want to go into the conversation that we had. It just frustrated me a lot. He was making a lot of generalisations from what he saw in Italy. But what he said went against my experiences and what I was taught in my Catholic Christianity class at Hope. Another guy came down that was raised Catholic, but he agreed with the pastor. The guy was older though, so I just now thought that it might have something to do with Vatican II, but I'm not sure. I'm just frustrated by it all. People always seem to have a need to call out Catholics for their differences, but don't seem to do the same thing to other people who call themselves Christians who do not practice the way that Protestantism would. I'm thinking about Mormons and Jehovah's Witness. So much for the "catholic" (aka universal) church. I'll stop ranting now.
Then I came home, at 9 instead of the usual 8. I just need to finish editing my proposal and submit it. Then I'll probably read my epi for Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment