Abstract:
It was Rohan and my second anniversary. We went to Questacon and stuff. I came home only to have a huge headache and now I can't do any of my assignments and I just want to sleep.
Today was Rohan and my anniversary, so we spent the day together, despite the fact that I have lots of assignments to get done. We were initially going to walk to Questacon, but since I hurt my toe really bad yesterday and it's now purple, we decided to take the bus. Rohan told me when he got on the bus so that I could meet him on the bus. It actually worked! He also gave me my anniversary present, which was a mixed CD of love songs by Andrew (of Songs to Wear Pants To). I had to wait until after we came back to my flat to give Rohan his present because he wouldn't have wanted to walk around with it.
We went to Questacon. Actually we got slightly confused when we got off the bus and went the wrong way around the building, but we got there. It was both awesome and weird to be going to Questacon. It was kind of a full circle moment since we went to Questacon before on the bus trip for NTE, but obviously that was before we were dating. It was just as awesome as before. Some highlights were the thermal cameras showing that my nose is in fact much colder than a normal body should be as it was the only green part besides our hair and clothes, the shoot things that blow air so that when you put in a fabric tissue thing it went shooting around the tubes and somewhere else in the room often landing on people's heads, and the rocket show thing where the guy actually called out Rohan for a few things like putting his hands on my stomach when we were told to do a belly laugh and for wearing a pokemon shirt. Another highlight was actually getting Rohan to take a proper picture with me. It was also funny going through the gift shop because that's where Rohan helped me to get the Black Plague, aka the plush microbe, two and a half years ago.
After Questacon, we went to the cafe at the National Library of Australia, NLA. I guess Rohan heard good things about it. On the way there, though, one of those seed type things feel from the tree and hit me in the head. If it didn't hurt so much, it would have been quite hilarious. My head kind of hurt the whole time that we were at the cafe. It was a really pretty cafe with stained glass windows. I got a hot chocolate and Rohan got a bowl of coffee. Literally it was advertised as a bowl of coffee. It did have a handle, though, so I guess that it was really just a really large mug. Rohan was laughing that it would be the size of a large at Starbucks, but I added that it was too small to be a large, it would have to be a small. It's funny because American proportions.
Then we went to check out the library. We only saw the reference material and were unsure where the books were. We tried to take the lift, but could only go to the top floor, which was just conference rooms, and the stairs that we saw just took us up one floor and there were just some rooms there as well. We did end up going to the treasures gallery in the NLA, though. That was pretty cool. Rohan was fanboying over the first copy of the first edition of Blinky Bill. I didn't understand it because I had never heard of it before. I really need to learn up on Australian children's culture, evidently. Apparently it's a book series that's now on tv. We also saw some of Louis Pasteur's notes about vaccines when they were first being discovered, which was pretty cool to a public health student!
After that we walked back to my flat. Surprisingly my foot wasn't hurting too badly, so we walked back rather than taking the bus. When we got back, I quickly went to my flat to assemble Rohan's anniversary present. He walked slowly from the lift to give me time. I was about halfway done before he knocked, so I made him wait outside my door. I couldn't assemble the flowers before because I had to keep the bacon in the fridge but there wasn't room in their for the stems. The bacon flowers turned out pretty awesome if I do say so myself. Rohan asked where I got the stems, which was the same thing that Benedict asked last night. They both thought that I just bought fake stems, but they were actually fake flowers, I just took the petals off and pushed down the thing to hold the petals on to have some stem stick up and allow for the bacon to stay on.
Rohan left a bit after we figured out how he was supposed to take the flowers home on the bus. He wanted to leave me to let me work on my assignments. Sadly that didn't happen. I took a nap because I was exhausted and then I had a ridiculous headache. My head is still pounding. I thought that it might have been that I was just hungry, and the pain was less when I was eating dinner, but then it returned again. It really hurts. I was talking to my mom and she looked up the reflexology stuff online and saw that your second toe is supposed to be linked to headaches. Guess which toe I hurt yesterday. Yup, my second toe on my right foot. I really just need to get bed, but I don't want to go too sleep too early because then I might just wake up in the middle of the night.
And I hate when I can't think of a better title, but with my headache induced state, this is the best I can come up with.
No comments:
Post a Comment