Abstract:
Class was short. Graduation? Nap. Clothes. Food. Exhaustion. Biostats.
I went to Biostats this morning. I was lazy getting out of bed and I had to make hot chocolate and go buy bread so I was actually late to class. It was alright, though, because he hadn't started the lecture. Then he gave the lecture and it was super short! We also did our tutorials just in the classroom instead of breaking up into groups. Class was supposed to finish at 12:00 but instead finished at 10:45. That was good because I had to go to the graduation office and, as I found out on Wednesday, they close at 12:30 for lunch.
So I went to the grad office. I wanted to figure out why the heck my ISIS account didn't have that I was supposed to graduation. The girl at the reception went to ask some guy working there and gave him my student ID so that he could look up my information. Apparently the reason is because biostats is an Autumn session class. Usually they don't put students that are taking an Autumn session class to graduate in the July ceremony. He told me that I had to go talk to the office for the College of Medicine, Biology and Environment, which is the one that the MPH falls under. I asked him where it was so he went to look it up. Then I guess he called them for me and figured out what was happening.
He talked to the office and they said that the dean has to look at my transcript or classes or something and then decide. I went home and made sure to tell the other people that are in my biostats and expecting to graduate. I also emailed Ann-Maree, since she's the course conveyor for the MPH and biostats. She said that she talked to them and it should be fine since she'll have our exams graded on time. I guess Autumn session classes usually go until the end of June, but our exam is the 14th, so she'll have time to grade it and get the results in before they need them for graduation. I just have to wait to get the official email from the College that I can graduate and from ANU to get my invitation to graduate. It should all work out fine, but I sure am glad that I was on top of checking that stuff out since no one else seemed to notice, lecturers or other students.
Then I was exhausted and had to take a nap. It wasn't just that, but it was my whole sleep pattern. I couldn't fall asleep until after 3 last night. Hopefully my nap was early enough to not keep me up too late tonight.
Then I needed to go to the store. I did a lot of shopping today. First I had to get stuff so that I can make Rohan's anniversary present. Then I had to get some clothes. It's cold and I have almost no long sleeve shirts or sweaters besides my sweatshirts. I at least needed something that I could wear to work since my other work shirts are all short sleeves. I ended up getting a nice coat and some sweaters and long sleeve shirts.
After that I needed to get food. My bags were so full. Then when I was leaving, I realised that I hadn't eaten anything for lunch so I got really hungry on the way back. That meant that I was having immense difficulties walking back and carrying all that stuff. At least I have food now.
I came home and was exhausted. I don't even remember what else I did tonight. I think I watched tv and played Mario Kart. Now I've been trying to work on my biostats assignment so that I can cross that off of my list of assignments that I need to do. I want to get everything done ASAP so that I can focus on my major assignment for policy. That scares me beyond words!
No comments:
Post a Comment