02 May 2013

Even the head of WHO says you should use facebook!

I didn't do too much exciting today. I had a meeting with my epi report group. I stopped by the chemist today to get a refill of my anti-depressants and they were out! They weren't getting any more in stock until sometime next week, but I only have the one left to take tonight, so I'll need to go to a chemist in the city to get my refill. I really don't want to have to go off my meds for a few days, especially with all of my assignments coming up!

I went to meet with my epi group. I told them that I already submitted my report. They seemed surprised by that, but I'm on top of things for once. Well, not really. I still haven't started my outbreak research proposal that's due on Monday. I'll have a busy weekend! But we met and discussed some of the research and how we think we'll head into the presentation part, although I have to wait until they write their reports before we can talk about the presentation. They also trash talked Graham, which made me happy to see that other people have the same issues with him. I guess that Julia fights with him every class.

Then we went to Policy. Every time I'm in that class I worry about passing it and being able to graduate. The talk of the assignments always freaks me out and we don't have our grades back for the minor assignment yet, which I wouldn't be surprised if I failed because Andrew scares me and I probably wrote more of what Paul wants that what Andrew wants. I'm so scared for the major assignment, which is 50%, and then the take-home exam that's due the next day. Basically the 21-23 of May will be hell for me. Well, I guess the week leading up to that since they're papers that I have to write. But at least Paul explained the major assignment in a way that I find easier to think of a topic. I'll email him tomorrow to hopefully verify that it'll work. (Paul also talked about his time in Geneva last month at something for the WHO and he said that the head told them all to have a facebook and share one of their videos.)


I went back to Davey after class and I was going to print my biostats pre-readings. Well, the printers were both not working. They were out of paper and of course Davey locks the printers and doesn't keep the paper around since they don't want people stealing it. Karemah was going to print it at Davey, too, but instead we had to go walk back to Chifley to print. Another one of the reasons that Davey sucks. (Which is also a reason why I NEED to graduate this semester. It's the only way that I can get out of my contract!)

When I finally got home, I watched my shows. That was pretty much it. Now I just have to actually do my biostats prereadings before I go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment