12 May 2013

At least I didn't need to go to the hospital!

I still felt like crap today. I didn't feel as bad when I woke up, but then it got worse. My throat started to feel a lot better. It didn't hurt to swallow, but it was still uncomfortable. Then my ears started to hurt. I couldn't really take the pain, so I texted Janice. Now I hate asking for help and I hate taking medication even more. But it was clear that it was necessary. My ears felt so plugged that I was crying from the pain. Literally I had tears streaming down my face. I tried to google some things to do, but I wasn't able to pop my ears.

Janice came up and took care of me. She gave me some medicine to clear up my sinuses, some painkillers, and one of those was drowsy. I knew I had to sleep, but the pain was too severe for me to actually fall asleep. I can't swallow pills, but luckily one was small and I could cut it in half and the other one could be crushed. I started feeling quite a bit better after taking them and I was able to take a couple hour long nap. Janice had to leave right after giving me the meds, but she told me that she thought that I might have an ear infection and I should go to the hospital if it doesn't get better. I really didn't want to go to the hospital, so I was hoping that I could wait until tomorrow when the ANU health centre was open.

I felt so much better after the nap. I wasn't in pain and I could breathe! My nose felt like it does when you're starting to get better. I went to the store to get some food. It felt great to be outside. I just hope that I didn't spread my infection. I got home and I made hot wings. I think they were probably good for me since hot sauce clears the sinuses as well. Other than that I've just been trying to relax and sleep. I wasn't able to go to church because I just slept. I really hope that I get better so soon so that I can actually work on my homework! (Janice threatened to steal my epi textbook when she found it open on my bed today. She told me that I'm not allowed to read it since I'm sick and need to get better. I guess that's motivation, right?)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for helping take care of my Caitlin, Janice. She's lucky to have a friend like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no problem! we ought to take care of each other since we are so far away from home!

    ReplyDelete