21 May 2013

...and the dog ate the pink cat

This morning I had my presentation for epi. I thought that I was going to be late for class, so I didn't go and get my bread. I was actually really early. It was like 15 minutes before class and the door wasn't even unlocked yet. But it unlocked shortly after I arrived.

We were the second group to present and for some reason I was starting to get really anxious. I was doing deep breathing to relax myself. I'm not really sure why I was nervous. It was epi, it was only 10%, and it was only 5 minutes. It ended up going really well. My group was awesome and we were able to answer all of the questions that Ann-Maree and the class gave us. I was also happy to find that my other group members were timing and mine was just a few seconds under 5 minutes, which made me nervous because I thought that it might be really short. I had a good feeling about our group's presentation, though. After our presentation, we had a short break and then two more groups went. The other half of the class presents next week.

After class, I went back home. I took a nap, surprise, I know. Then I went on wattle to check my grades. The epi grades were up, not just for the report but also our participation and presentation grades. We actually got our reports back at the end of class although I figured out my grade using the wattle overview grade a couple days ago. I had dropped to second place in rank, but then this said I was in first before the ranking disappeared again. I'm not sure. I didn't do as well as I hoped on the report, but I did get the second highest grade on the presentation and I got 100% for participation.

Then I had to go to work. The first hour I had a year 9 girl and she was working on her maths homework and didn't need help. I mostly just drew during that hour. The second hour I had a year 3 boy. Michael said that he was hard to work with, but I had no trouble. We read some Dr. Seuss, and he wrote a story, and we did a bit of maths. For his story, I gave him three words and he had to make a story. I gave him ate (after he changed it from scuba-diver), cat, and pink. In his story, a dog ate a pink cat. Kinda strange, but I guess that's just little boys!

After tutoring, I grabbed the bus home. I thought that there was a different bus stop that I could take, but I looked on google maps before I went to work and I definitely wouldn't have been able to make it there on time. Instead, I tried to take a long time in Supabarn before going to the bus stop. It was so cold! I also discovered that my new winter coat doesn't have pockets, which is quite unfortunate. I'll need to start packing gloves and a hat in my purse.

I got home and I was freezing. I spent some time laying in my bed trying to thaw before working on my homework. After about an hour, I got on my computer and started working on my outbreak report. I finally got that all written and submitted, which is good since it's due at 9am tomorrow. I also did my third post on the policy wattle, which we need to post on three times for our participation marks. I was glad to actually be able to cross everything off on my list of things to do today. Now I just have one class' sticky note of things left to do. I had four at the beginning of the week. I'm slowly but surely making process. It's a good thing that we have that one week free extension for policy!

On a side note, I also got my invitation to graduate today! Yay! It'll be 19 July at 10am. Also, my toe is so much better! It's still slightly a different colour and tender, but I can walk on it without too much pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment