Abstract:
G+ hangout with parents and Rohan; shopping with Rohan; back to studying and outbreak proposal writing
So my parents wanted to skype with us again about our trip to California to firm up the details so that they could book their flights. Rohan came over to my place so that we could skype. We talked to them for about an hour firming up the dates and getting an idea of what we want to do there and stuff. My dad had to bring up the fact that it will be here before we know it. I don't want it to be! That means that I have to go back to the States for who knows how long and Rohan and I will have to be long distance again! Did I mention that immigrating sucks? Because it does!
Then we went into the Canberra Centre. Rohan had to get some stuff. I told him that I was the guy in the relationship because I was holding his bag while he shopped. (He was flipping through the video games, so he couldn't hold it himself.) Then he said that he's clearly the guy because he drinks coffee, which was the bag that I was holding for him. Then I pointed out that I know plenty of women that drink coffee and we were at the bubble tea place at that point, so he was drinking tea. And it was a fruity tea at that! I'm so the guy. Maybe that's why he wants to grow a beard so much...
Rohan had to stop back at my place to get some stuff that he left there. Then he went to the travel agent. I didn't go with him because I had to work on my outbreak proposal. He called me when he got done with talking to the travel agent. Flights are weird. Apparently, at least with the current deal if we're able to book right away, it's cheaper for a round-trip than a one-way trip. So it looks like I'll probably get a round-trip and then just pay to have it changed when I know for sure when I can come back to Australia. That'll be cheaper than buying another ticket when the time comes. So weird, though!
I also made dinner. I tried to make a recipe for lasagna roll-ups that I saw on pinterest. The problem was that Supabarn didn't have any normal lasagna noodles. They only had the oven ready kind. Apparently you can't boil these. I know this because I tried and they shredded. Clearly I couldn't try to do the wrap-up thing, so I just tried to make them like normal lasagna. I layered it and put it in the oven. It wasn't too bad, but I don't know if I'll try to make it again. I found out that I'm not a huge fan of ricotta. It was alright, just not my favourite.
Now I'm back to proposal writing. I finished reading the articles and I have written the first section of the proposal. Hopefully I'll write some more before bed and then I need to get to bed so that I can do a G+ hangout with my family. My parents are visiting my sisters. Well, Jacki is up in Ohio since John left and she wanted to come up north. I get to chat with everyone except for Jillian and Brit, who will be at a wedding, and obviously John who is deployed. I'm excited to get to chat with them again. Hopefully it won't disrupt my proposal writing too much!
No comments:
Post a Comment