Abstract:
WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?; conversations with mom; Proud to be an American?; promise ring; sexy brain; Pinky and the Brain; picture; lack of sleep.
Last night, I was talking to Rohan and sort of had a breakdown. I've had those a few times this semester. This one was because I had no idea what I was going to do after graduation. I had no idea how I would get a job, what kind of job I even wanted, and how I would be able to get a visa to stay in the country. It's really difficult. Anyway, I sort of had a break through after about 2 hours of talking about it. I think I know what I want to do now, but I'll have to go to uni for another year or so. I really need to think about it further, but I'm going to wait until I finish my exams to start seriously looking into it. I don't want to say anything on here prematurely, so I'm going to wait to tell everyone my plans until it's more definite.
I finished talking to Rohan a little before 2, but I didn't fall asleep until at least 4, probably later. My head was just going a mile a minute, despite writing down a bunch of stuff in my journal. I knew that I had to talk to my mom about it because I talk to her about pretty much everything. I sent her a message saying that I needed to talk to her in the morning, hoping that would help. I think it still took me a while to fall asleep, but I did eventually.
I woke up a little after 10 and I talked to my mom right away. She gave me some advice, but she was pretty supportive. I also gave her the job of telling my dad. I talked to her again tonight and she told me my dad's thoughts about it and their advice.
After talking to my mom, I tried to find a few articles for my anthro essay. Then I took a short nap, washed my dishes, and got ready for class. When I got outside of Davey, I realised that I was still wearing my shower shoes that I wear around my flat. My sisters would be so embarrassed if they were with me! I used to wear those flip flops out in public, so it didn't bother me a bit!
I actually left in time to get to class on time. There were a bunch of people leaving the classroom when I got there. I didn't know that there was a class before because I'm always late to that class. Anyway, before class, I told Janice my conclusion from my conversation with Rohan last night. She said that she almost swore. I'm not really sure what that is supposed to mean... Maybe Janice will enlighten me when she reads this.
Class was boring. The guest lecture was something about efficiency in the health care system. Then there was a group presentation. Their presentation started out with a class quiz. One of the questions was a scrambled up picture that was about Polio. They asked who it was. I got it right. It was the iconic picture of Roosevelt in his wheelchair with that little girl that they always use for polio. I felt like such a good American. (Except that during the guest lecture, the guest lecturer said that the outcome of the US election is one of the most important aspects to healthcare, because of Obama's healthcare reform. I'm not voting, so that's why I felt like a bad American. Why must everyone try to guilt me?!) Anyway, I got a lollie for getting it right!
At some point during class, I looked at the notes on my phone and realised that I forgot to mention something that happened yesterday. So, Graham asked Janice to do a PhD. She said that maybe she would. Then Graham said that he wished he had "those rings in America to mean that you'll be abstinent" to which I asked, "A promise ring?" Yeah, he wants people that say they 'might' do a PhD to have a promise ring to remind them or something. It made me laugh.
Funny story. So Janice was showing me her emails from her interviewee for qualitative. She calls Janice "sexy brain." So weird! Then I texted Bec to tell her that Janice's new nickname is sexy brain. Then Bec asked me if I was pinky, as in the cartoon mice Pinky and the Brain. I told her that it didn't make sense because I am the one that would like to take over the world. But then I thought more about it. Pinky is the smart one, even though he appears dumb, and Brain is delusional. That does really describe me and Janice, respectively. Yeah, Janice, I did go there.
After class, we took a class photo. Klein brought a camera and a tripod and we went outside of Peter Baume for a few pictures. Hopefully Klein will put them on the MPH facebook group so that we can see them. Unfortunately, there were a lot of people missing today. They posted something on wattle to remind us to come for a picture, but I guess they forgot. I know that I did!
On my way home, I had to stop by IGA to get more apple juice. Then I came home and ate dinner while looking up more articles for my anthro paper. Then I took another nap. I kind of woke up in a panic. I'm not sure how much I'm going to be sleeping over the next few days as I need to complete this essay that I haven't really started. It's due on Tuesday, but luckily I don't have any class until then. I may just be taking naps instead of long sleeps.
No comments:
Post a Comment