I went to the store as soon as I got up. I just went to IGA because I needed to get apple juice. Sometimes when I can't sleep, it is because I'm really thirsty. That happened last night and I was out of apple juice, so I had to drink water. It was so gross! (I know, I'm weird and can't stand the taste of just water.)
After the store, I got online to talk to Rohan. We were supposed to have our Bible study together. He has a lot of assignments to do, so we moved it to Thursday. I used that time to instead write up what I'm putting in the slides for my presentation on Thursday in Contemporary. Then I took a nap because I was still exhausted because I kept waking up in the middle of the night last night.
Then I met Janice and Greta at Hancock and we went back to Burgmann to work on our project. We were meeting for our group presentation on Thursday, but the three of us wanted to meet ahead of time because we are doing the same region of the world while the other two, Ayush and Monisha, are talking about India. I had already finished my slides, so I sent them to Janice to incorporate into the powerpoint and worked on a couple other things for our presentation.
When Ayush and Monisha joined us, we went to a different room so that we could talk more. We decided that for the question portion of our presentation, we would make up a country as a scenario and combine the different aspects together to get the class' ideas. I named the country McJag because that was all of our initials. I'm so creative. I was thinking about using the first two letters of our names and with Janice, Monisha, and me, I got to Jamoca. (Like jamocha, as in the coffee/chocolate... it was really funny in my head) I couldn't stop laughing after that in order to incorporate Ayush and Greta, so we kept it McJag. (and now I've thought of Gray Jamoca...)
After our meeting, I had to print the readings for class this week, so I did that at Burgmann. There was no point leaving it up to chance whether the Davey printers were working today or not. Then I went home.
I ate dinner, watched Dexter, showered, and read some for Anthro. I wanted to just skim the articles, but the one that I'm reading is about Haitians in the Dominican Republic and the structural violence. I think that the differences between Haiti and the DR are so interesting because they are on the same island, but socio-economically they are worlds apart! Anyway, hopefully I can skim another article before getting to bed. G'night!
No comments:
Post a Comment